When do i use möchte or möchten/ neue or neuen...

When do i use möchte or möchten/ neue or neuen…
Is there a standart?
PS: i’m asking for a really great explanation because i really have a problem by understanding this. Thanks!

Yes, of course there’s a standard
Möchte/n is a verbal form from verb “mögen”: conjugation here (look under “Konjuktiv II”)

Neu is an adjective. That’s a tricky question. German adjectives change form depending on what precedes them, whether it’s a determinate, indeterminate article, …
My advice is to pay attention to the changes and not try ro memorize them just now.
Anyway, here’s a table of adjective declensions:

ftornay has given you a proper answer.

Personally I would recommend to start with easier lessons. Please have a look on my profile where I provide help for German beginners.

Do yourself a favor and get a little grammar book as Steve Kaufmann suggests to look up stuff every now and then to get an overall view of the language. It will save a lot of confusion as there are a lot of things in German you just won’t figure out translating word for word or even sentences. German has separable verbs, which can be very confusing to a beginner but with a little grammar book, it could help clear up some confusion.

I have always wondered whether (especially with highly inflected languages) it is best to do a spot of tough learning-by-heart at the outset?

Back in the day when I was first learning German, one of the first things I did was to learn-by-heart the main declension patterns for articles and adjectives, as well as the regular conjugation of verbs. Sure it’s quite painful to go through this - but it does quickly pay dividends.

I should say that I do agree fundamentally with the LingQ concept - i.e. that we learn mostly by being exposed to copious amounts of interesting content in the target language. But having a ‘bedrock’ (so to speak) of truly essential grammar does help this process, in my opinion. It just makes things more transparent if one is quickly able to recognise the forms of verbs, the case that a given word is in, etc.

I don’t know if anyone else would agree with this?

I do:) When I started with French I’ve learned some patterns including whole sentences. That helped me a lot to build proper sentences on my own.

Well, Ive got a similar experience to Prinz_Schtik and I agree with him. The main factor is exposure but I find myself once and again reading through conjugation and declension tables, trying to fixate forms in my memory. Sometimes copying them, reviewing them mentally, … Ive done it in all languages Ive learned, I read the list of irregular verbs in English hundreds of times, but it was especially intensive for German, Latín, Old Greek,…
I think its a matter of balance: lots of exposure plus some periodical table peeking, especially in the beginning.
Anyway, Id advise the OP NOT to begin that kind of learning with the adjective declension! In German, verbs and articles should come first.

“But having a ‘bedrock’ (so to speak) of truly essential grammar does help this process, in my opinion. It just makes things more transparent if one is quickly able to recognize the forms of verbs, the case that a given word is in, etc.”

Completely agree. There are some basic fundamentals which are needed for comprehension of what your reading, which google translate simply won’t pick up. I think it’s a good idea to have a decent grammar book right from the start to look over.

However, IMO I think it’s a mistake to get too obsessed with trying to memorize everything as one could become discouraged and give up.

i’ve seen your profile and done 2 or 3 lessons, but as i’m learning how to use Lingq, i got out from them and couldn’t find it anymore, but i’ll try again, cause they’re (the lessons) great.

Thank you. You can find a list with recommended lessons and lesson order on my blog in different languages.

Copied from my profile:
Beginner: Helpful to start learning German (Beginner in English): http://learninggerman.verasblogs.com/beginner-in-english

Oh, I see. The links don’t work anymore because LingQ has changed the lesson links. I’ve to overwork this post. I hope I can do it in the next days. I’ll let you know.

OComendador, if you click on the ‘Tasks’ button at the top right of the page, the dropdown menu shows you the last three lessons you have opened.

If you don’t have the interface in English, I don’t know what the button will be called. It is the right button of the three at the top right of the page.

I’ve fixed the links. They should work now properly.