Should I start another 90 Day Challenge in German

When I first joined Lingq I started a 90 Day Challenge in German without really knowing what I was meant to do. As a result, I did not actually complete it successfully. I am contemplating starting again, but want to hear form the lovely people in the Lingq forums firstly.

I suppose my three questions are: In what ways have you benefited from completing a 90 Day Challenge in German, and did you do so successfully? Lastly, should I start another 90 Day Challenge now that I know a little bit more about it?

Ich freue mich auf euere Kommentare und hoffe, dass ich etwas neues lernen.

David

I don’t know if I can really answer your question, as I haven’t taken up a 90 day challenge in German but in English (I haven’t completed it yet, but I’m not far from doing so) .
I would say that the challenge helped me focus more on the aspects of the language that I tend to normally neglect, that is to say the listening part and the vocabulary revision (I’ve always been more of a reader) .
The good thing is that that length of time (roughly three months) is enough to develop an habit: now I feel used to listening and I would miss it if I stopped.
I also think that being given a deadline to achieve a task is motivating.
If I were in your place, I would definitely have another go at it (you have nothing to lose by doing it anyway).

I’m on the last month of my japanese 90 day challenge, though I’ve hit the targets before the deadline. The targets are important at the beginning but they become a byproduct of your newly formed habits.

The 90 day challenge gets you over a hump where you really start to see success, and once that happens, you’re addicted and have this habit.

I study japanese every day out of sheer routine now. I highly recommend doing it!

Hey David,

I did my 90 Day Challenge in Spanish last year when SteveK was doing his Korean. Then I just did Spanish casually and then did modified versions of my 90 day challenge toward the end of last year, beginning of this year in anticipation of a trip to a Spanish speaking country.

To answer your questions…

<< In what ways have you benefited from completing a 90 Day Challenge >>

–got into the habit
–motivated myself
–had a fixed beginning and end date to achieve certain goals
–dramatically increased my vocabulary
–greatly improved listening comprehension
–laid out long term goals
–actually learn interesting facts from all the material I read: from people’s morning routine to the conquest of Mexico.

<< did you do so successfully? >>

Yes.

<< Lastly, should I start another 90 Day Challenge now that I know a little bit more about it? >>

Absolutely.