Using LingQ For Your Native Language

Does anyone use LingQ to improve on their native language? It could be used for learning very advanced vocabulary. If so please tell me about it below. Thx

Maybe it depends on the language, but it has been a long time since I have come across a word in German that I had to look up. So I haven’t used LingQ for that purpose, although I might use it for tracking my reading.

It is an interesting idea in theory but even in college level courses, I had no problem understanding my native. If anything, it’s moreso the concepts which are harder to understand, rather than the vocabulary.

However, I would suggest a younger person to read on LingQ in their native, as it could enforce current vocabulary and help them learn more advanced vocabulary at the same time, so that they stay ahead of the game while in school.

I think in learning a foreign language you can learn new advanced vocabulary in your native language. For instance I learned the word peristalsis through my studies recently… i’d never even heard of that word before!

Therefore you can learn in your mother tongue simultaneously, by looking up words with a dictionary I’ve encountered many words I then had to look up in an English dictionary haha! I can’t be the only one right?

That might actually be a good idea, if you import some specialized texts that contain the vocabulary you want.

Just don’t join the 90-day challenge! “Wow, that guy’s known-words stat jumped 20,000 just this month!” :slight_smile:

Yeah that would be funny.