How many times do you listen to a lesson before you could master it and move on?

Hello everybody

How many times do you listen to a content which is almost totally new to you?

For example, I am intermediate 1 now, and I started an intermediate course at LingQ, and I feel very bored to listen to everything many times, and repeat those parts which are not clear to me one after one, until they become clear. It is very boring., especially the intermediate lessons are a bit long.

Do I just master 50% and move on or how should it be?

It depends on how many blue words there are before I LingQ everything and how many known words and phrases there are. At my level, I try to understand at least 70% before moving on. This is about listening 8x and reading 8x or so.

Reading loudly, or inside you?

Thank you

I read to myself if that’s what you mean. I sometimes read out loud. I haven’t done that in a while though.

If I am a beginner, I will read and listen to it 10-20 times before moving on, making sure I know at least 80%. Towards the intermediate stage I drastically reduce this to 2-3 times to get the general meaning of the text, and then move on. But I constantly go back and forth through old beginner content (refreshing the basic patterns), and harder material (starting to recognize new patterns).

Imo, as long as you understand the general gist of the text’s meaning you should move on to the next lesson asap. Personally I never have to read a text more than two times before I can move on. Sometimes I go back to the lesson once I have become more advanced just to make sure that my simple vocabulary is improving.

I usually listen a new content until I can master it 80%, 90% even 100%. I’ve been studyng English about eight months and I consider myself an advanced intermediate studant of English.
Let me be very clear. I listen a new content about a week or more until I can master it. Generally are either advanced contents or intermediates, like Commencement Speech , lectures, some phrasal verbs lessons. Contents that have about ten to twenty minutes. So, until I understand the more possible I don’t move on to another one.

But I constantly go back and forth through old beginner content (refreshing the basic patterns), and harder material (starting to recognize new patterns).

This is what I do. I think review is important, but I do it in the form of reviewing old lessons rather than doing flashcards.