Question about Edinburgh

My daughter and I intend visiting Edinburgh next year.

1.) What part of the city would you recommend for accommodation: Old Town or New Town?

2.) Do you know a podcast where they speak with a slight Scottish accent that I get used to it?

1. http://www.scottishparliament.tv/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I’m more interested in other topics :wink:

Maybe this might be more to your liking. It is a series of podcasts on scottish history and culture.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve listened to one episode. It is interesting, but not exactly what I’m looking for. I’m looking for English with a Scottish accent (not Gaelic) to figure out if I’m able to understand the Scots :wink:

1 Like

Hi Vera,
I’ve been living in Edinburgh for nearly two years, It’s nice to hear you are coming to visit this lovely city, do not hesitate to ask anything, I’ve been enjoying your audios for a while, that is my chance to thank you!
I would rather recommend you the old town as you will find everything closer to It and better prices. Although most of the city is withing walking distance. Be aware that if you are coming in August all the prises are going up, due to the Fringe Festival.

Regarding Scottish podcast, I have no idea. But I would recommend to check Neil Oliver as he is one of the most famous Scottish documentary presenter.

Do not hesitate to ask me for help!

1 Like

Hi Yeray,

By the way, I’ve no idea how to pronounce your name :wink:

It is the first time that I’ll visit Edinburgh and I’m very excited about it. I’ve heard a lot from Edinburgh that made me interested in this city.

Thanks for your recommendation. We will come in July, not in August, because everything is much more expensive in August, and I guess the city will be overcrowded then too. We will stay for one week. So we have enough time to enjoy everything without being in a hurry.

I’ve figured out that we can make guided tours (day trips) by bus (coach) through other parts of Scotland, and we will do one or two of these trips too.

Thank you too for your nice words about my lessons :slight_smile:

Thank you. These are interesting and helpful recommendations :slight_smile: