How to find subtitles for films

There are some films I really want to see and they are available online e.g. on YouTube, but they have no subtitles. Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to find subtitles and add them oneself? I have found some ‘instructions’ on ‘how to do this’, but frankly either they aren’t instructions on how to do this, or I can’t follow them … simple assistance will be very much appreciated!

1. download the video to your computer (you can download from Youtube using browser extensions)
  2. search for subtitles on these sites: Subtitles - download movie and TV Series subtitles http://subscene.com/
  3. open the video with the media player which supports adding subtitles. Most of them do, I usually use KMPlayer
  4. go to ‘‘menu > subtitles > open/add subtitles’’

If you are interested in watching Russian films with Russian or English subtitles, you can find many of them on this channel:

1 Like

In Russian, there are a lot of subtitles for films and cartoons on YouTube on this site…

Thank you very much, all. I don’t seem to be able to download videos but I have found a program which adds subtitles while I’m streaming. Thank you too for the Star Media and vothouse recommendations.

1 Like

You can download videos with subtitles (when available) from You Tube via this web site

or even better way would be using the software 4 K Video Downloader.

Thanks - but your message arrived with this warning: “Be careful with this message. It contains a suspicious link that was used to steal people’s personal information. Unless you trust the sender, don’t click links or reply with personal information.”

I’ve been using this web site for downloading videos from You Tube for a long time. I’m not aware that somebody would have stolen any personal information from my PC.