Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hey, I know it is a little early for this, but since I’m going to travel tomorrow and I’ll be almost incommunicable during my trip, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year, with lots of new lingqs!!!
=D

Best to you too Ana, and thank you for the wonderful Christmas gift you are leaving with us, a course in Portuguese. I will sign up.

All the best for you too, Ana.
Have a nice trip and a good come back!

Natal feliz e um feliz ano novo, Ana!

Have a nice trip, Ana. I wish you a Merry Christmas too.
All the best,

Natal feliz Ana!

Uau, I can see I have some potential students for the next year here…
Thank you all guys!!!
=)

I wish all the nice people at LingQ a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I hope, all come back, fresh and motivated for working with LingQ :wink:

I am new in at LingQ, and I wish a Merry Christmas and happy new year for everybody in lingq, also I wish that the next year all of us had a profitable engish year with lingq and learn a lot of english.
Also good health for all the people

Good bye

Hi all,
In Germany it is still now usually in some families, to have an Advent wreath with four candles. Each Sunday burns a further candle and after the fourth is Christmas.

Here I translated a little story about the four candles (excuse my mistakes please).

In the German part, you can read and listen to this story in my language. Title “Die vier Kerzen am Adventskranz”.

Here is the story:

Four candles burn on the Advent wreath. It was so calm that we could hear what the candles are saying when they began to speak.

The first candle sighed and said:
“My name is PEACE. My light shines but the people cannot keep peace together.”

Its light was smaller and smaller, fades away and put out.

The second candle flickered and said:
“My name is FAITH but I am needless.
People not longer want to know anything from the God.
It makes no sense to be on.”

A little wind blew through the room and the second candle put out.

Silent and sadly the third candle began to speak:
“My name is LOVE. I no more have power for being on.
People put me in the corner. They have view only on there self and never to others.
They can never see the others they should love.”

With a last flare up that light also put out.

A little child was coming in the room. It was looking on the candles and said:
“You have to burn – not to be out of light!”
It had water in his eyes.

Suddenly the fourth candle began to speak and said:
“Be not afraid! As long as I am on, we have the possibility for firing again the other candles.
My name is HOPE.”

With a little wood the child takes light from this candle and gave back the light to the others.

I wish you all, never to lose the HOPE!

Welcome rsolismfp, and thank you Vera and Irene for all your hard work. We hope that 2009 will be a big year for LingQ.

In the meantime this is the time of year when we enjoy our families and appreciate all the wonderful things in life that we sometimes take for granted. And we rest, eat, drink, play, and enter a new year with hope, and few extra kilograms to work off.

And of course the days start to get longer (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and so our hope is rewarded with more sunlight.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and best wishes for people of other beliefs who celebrate other holidays around this time of year.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Enjoy this time of the year with your family and friends, with all the people dear to your heart!
Best wishes :slight_smile:

I am so excited to be here.
it’s a little late to say happy new year, but in my country China, we are still looking forward the lunar new year, the spring festival.
please let me introduce myself, i am a graduate student in China, my major is linguistics and applied linguistics. today i read the book linguist and konw the web from this book.
it’s a very useful and meaningful site and best wishes for every teacher here.