2000 word limit on imports

I have just tried to import some text into LingQ and LingQ has insisted on splitting it into two lessons because it is more than 2000 words long. 2000 words is not exactly long - I read existing lessons that are longer than this every day. What is going on? Is there a way round this? Thanks.

Hi protorich,
Please take a look at this thread to find out more about 2000 words limit: https://www.lingq.com/forum/3/34852/
You are still able to upload text which have more then 2000 words and it will be splitted automatically. However, we don’t split the audio automatically, just the text. The full audio gets attached to all parts. You would have to manually split the audio if you wanted to match it up with the text and then re-upload it for each part.

OK thanks. The automatic splitting left about 10 words on their own in a second file, so I went back and deleted everything so as to re-load with a more sensible split, which I did manually. Not sure what I would have done if I had no editing rights over what I was uploading. I suspect I am in the camp of advanced users who did not want this change but I gather that it’s here to stay, so we’ll see.