Points expiration!?

Hi everyone

I’m beginner and not ready to start speak. Every 90 days I lost my points. When I will be fully ready to take conversation I will lost all my points. I think it’s not fair.

What do you think about this?

Stanislav,
why not to downgrade your account to Basic? It costs $10 per month, has the same options as Plus, except points’ allowance.
I always downgrade to Basic, when I do not have time for discussions.

Also you can submit writings. I find this activity very useful.

Thank you Sakura for your answer.
I read a lot and create more links.
So i don’t want downgrade my account.

Basic allows you to create unlimited number of lingqs.

The expiry of points is one of the LingQ business model ‘features’, we all have to live with it. As Cakypa says, Basic membership still allows you to create as many Lingqs as you like. Writing can help you to prepare for speaking. It is a good way to use up your points, which reminds me, I’d better start writing before I lose points…

And I don’t think that points expiration is only LingQ business model ‘feature’. If you sign in offline English courses, you pay every month some fixed amount. And it does not matter do you really attend classes or not. You pay, say, 1000RUR every month for 10 lessons. But it is up to you attend them or not. The next month you will pay 1000RUR again.

You are quite right!

Thank you so much for all advices.

We all have to live with it, then I get started writing before I lose points.

I’s one way for me now.

See it as a kind of motivation to do more :slight_smile: I think 90 days is quite a long time to use points up. I have a basic membership like Rasana and I’m really happy with it. It allows me flexibility with full access.

I was earned 3243 points from July 10, and now I already lost 1817 points.

I just feel sorry for wasted it.

But as Sanne said - “The expiry of points is one of the LingQ business model ‘features’, we all have to live with it.”

I have to agree with she’s point of view.

Staislav,
when I joined LingQ I was ‘Intermediate I’, but barely could speak English. I even do not understand Helen sometimes. Anyway, I signed up for 1-on-1 discussions with Helen and other tutors of English and spent my points. It is difficult to do the first step, but then it will be much easier.

I was earned 3243 points from July 10, and now I already lost 1817 points
So, you are on Basic membership, and earn points mostly by sharing content? In this case I do not complaints at all. You were given points that had been expired and ‘taken away’ from other members, but you do not want these points expire in your case?
I don’t see logic.

• In this case I do not complaints at all = In this case I do not understand your complaints at all

"In this case I do not complaints at all. You were given points that had been expired and ‘taken away’ from other members, but you do not want these points expire in your case? "

Простите не совсем уловил суть. Можно в виде исключения на русском?:slight_smile:

Станислав, я хотела сказать, что, получается, Вы сейчас на плане “Базовый” (10 долларов за месяц). А баллы получаете за уроки, выложенные в библиотеку Линка. Так вот эти баллы появляются не из ниоткуда. Все баллы, что “испарились” у пользователей за текущий месяц, делятся между провайдерами. Получается, что Вы не против получать эти “раскулаченные” баллы, но против, чтобы “раскулачивали” Вас :slight_smile:

Ну так я таких подробностей не знал. Если так, то каюсь, не прав, просьба камнями не забрасывать!:slight_smile:

Стив постоянно пишет, что нельзя заставлять себя говорить, до тех пор, пока не почувствуешь, что уже пора. Как вы думаете, ради того, что бы очки не сгорали, стоит нарушить это правило и попытаться поговорить?

Я, честно говоря, не представляю пока о чём говорить и какой уровень должен быть, что бы начать.

Не, в таком случае лучше письменные работы отправлять. Я так с японским поступаю. Говорить ещё не могу, но каждое сообщение, что пишу здесь на форуме на японском, отправляю на проверку тьютору. Очень удобно :slight_smile: (“Post and Submit for Correction”)

@stariy - I don’t follow the Russian discussion… :slight_smile: but, one thing you can do right now to use your points is to click the “Post and Submit for Correction” link whenever you post on the forum so that your forum posts can be corrected.

This issue has been discussed in great detail before. In any language course, you pay whether you show up or not, otherwise a lot of people would stop showing up, and teachers could not be made available just to stand by.

There is lots of flexibility to change levels at LingQ, and if your points start to build up, you can sign up for a lot of discussions, or write lots of long texts. If you are a content provider you are earning points that were confiscated. We do not charge points for content download, so we use this way to reward content providers.

The points expiry system encourages learners to study, and enables the system to reward content providers. I believe it is fair and useful.

Спасибо Сакура за советы, так и буду поступать!:slight_smile:

=======================================

Steve and Mark!

Thank you for your answers.

I didn’t quite understand how its works at the beginning, but now all is clear to me.