2 days after signing up for a free account, and "My Lessons" section still won't work: German

So I signed up a couple days ago, and tried adding one of Vera’s courses in German. I cannot get to the My Lessons page to start a lesson. When I click the link, it just hangs, and the couple of times I had enough patience to wait it out, it brought me to an error page saying the page is offline or something to that effect. This is the third day it has been like that. Is there an alternative method to viewing a course I already added while this gets sorted out?

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that you are not able to open My Lessons page.
Can you please let us know which browser are you using and would you be able to try another browser and check if it works? That will help us to find out if issue is browser related. Thanks!

OK, I’ve now tried to acess the page with Chrome. It hangs for a bit, then takes me to a page by CloudFlare. It says my browser is working, CloudFlare (Toronto) is working, and that there’s an error with the host. The web server timed out. It leaves the following message:

What can I do?
If you’re a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

If you’re the owner of this website:
The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Thanks for the additional information here!

This is indeed quite strange, so some additional information will hopefully help to get a better understanding of what might be causing this. A few questions:

1. Is this happening every time you try to access the My Lessons page?
  2. Would you open up another language (using the language switch at the top left), then go to the My Lessons page for that language and see if the page loads?
  3. Would you confirm if it’s the same issue on the Library, My Lessons and My Imports pages?
  1. I have not been able to access the My Lessons page at all from the German side. As of now, I get the same message that I reported.
    I don’t know if this helps at all, but this shows up on the error page: Ray ID: 1db471376dc50540
  2. The My Lessons page loads fine from the French without any lessons added. I added the Beginner French course additionally, and while it does take some time to load, it does show up in the My Lessons page. Some of the lessons also appear on the home page, which was not the case from the German section.
  3. The Library and My Imports pages load fine, and they don’t take any longer to load really than you would expect.

When adding the set of German lessons that Vera put together, I used the Take All link. I did the same with the Beginners French, but I don’t think there’s as many lessons in the French course. As noted, after adding the lessons for French, the My Lessons page did take a while to load (about 45 seconds now - I don’t experience the lag as much on other pages; the forum pages take less than 2 seconds for example) but aside from the load time there were no issues - The page looks exactly as it should.

Great, this is very helpful! It’s strange why it’s taking so long to load, but this gives us a better idea as to where we might want to look more closely.

Would you allow us to log into your account so we can take a look from our end? It sounds like it might be related to the number of lessons that are being loaded, or even perhaps the specific set of lessons which are being loaded.

In order to access your account, we’ll have to reset your password, but we’ll email you with a new temporary password to use in the meantime. Let me know if this might be OK!

Yes, do whatever you feel like. Thanks for notifying me.

Hi! We’re still looking into this one, but it seems the My Lessons page now seems to be loading properly. Would you give it another try and let us know if you’re still having issues here?

I’m still having issues accessing My Lessons through the Learn menu, and through the Library page sidebar. If I am in the Library and choose the option to show lessons rather than courses, it returns a lesson that I opened (the main page shows the course now). I’m not exactly sure how the My Lessons page is supposed to function since I haven’t seen it before now, but it does give me that lesson.

Another update! After accessing/doing a couple of lessons, the error is back no matter how I try to access the My Lessons page from the German site.

Thanks for the additional information here! OK, this one’s proving to be a bit tricky to resolve, but we’ll give it another go and will follow up when we have another update!

Just a quick update here. I’ve gone ahead and reset your German language slot (I hope that was OK, as there only appeared to be 3 lessons and around a dozen known words). It seems to work again, so would you give it another try and see if you’re able to use it without issue?