About the health of Putin

A lot of my foreign friends and students have recently asked me about the health of Putin because they didn’t see him last days.
I wonder why they worry so much about our president.
We really don’t think about it.
But I have to say one maybe unpleasant thing for the Western countries: If something bad really happens with Putin, he will be replaced not by a pro-Westerrn man, but by a harder, even more impudent, more decisive, more resolute and more nationalistic person.
Hard times need hard leaders.

4 Likes

http://www.echo.msk.ru/blog/boris_vis/1511700-echo/

People just like to stir up drama in the media when the people they’re scrutinizing are hard at work. Long live Novorossiya!

2 Likes

Putin reappears with a new, clear, vision.

If Putin had died during his missing days, there would be a national day for Putin.
I’m glad it was just a little sickness and nothing too major.

“Hard times need hard leaders.” This is true, especially if the leaders are causing their own hard times. C’mon evgueny40, move your people out of Crimea and give it back to Ukraine. We know you can do it big fellah!

You speak about the territory and we speak about the people of the Crimea and even Donbas and their wish to live in freedom and happyness how they understand it.
Gloria to Wazlaw Havel who understood it and let Slovakia be independant if they would like to live separatelty from Prag. And bloame to Kiev who bombard and shell the people in the east of the land because thjey don’t want to live with the Ukrainian nationalists together!..

2 Likes

But Slovakia became independent. It took long time to make Slovakia a part of another union. It is quite different from Crimea, isn’t it?
Unfortunately our nations don’t have a leader like Václav Havel.

Evgueny, I agree with you completely but unfortunately too many people have been brainwashed by western propaganda–especially Americans. If people don’t understand by now that Ukraine is being ruled by fascists, and Putin is the only world leader trying to help innocent civilians, they never will. Makes no sense trying to explain that to others. They’ve been blinded by lies.

4 Likes

Group of ~21 RU neo-Nazis kill Ukrainian at train station. All on camera; cops detain FOUR. Briefly. NEWSru.com :: В Подмосковье подростки-неонацисты забили насмерть украинца, стоявшего на железнодорожной платформе

I can’t say: Ukraine is ruled by fashists, but I can say that it is ruled by extreme nationalists, and it’s only a step before to become the fashists.
The territory of the Crimea and Donbas belongs first of all the people who live there, not for the nationalists in Kiev - and they are not the slaves, and Kiev is not a slaveholder.
I understand that the majority of the Westert people have been brainwashed. They say the same about the Russians, but 90% of all mass media are in the ‘Western hands’ and though they have different owners, they are very obedient when it applies to the politics.
However, I would like to present also the Russian point of view for them who would like to know it even if they don’t agree with it.
And of course, I’m here not to be a polician. My political articles are less than 5% of all my lessons which can be useful for the students of different countries.

3 Likes

I’ve found on YouTube an intersting short video that makes fun of the Western hysterics that Putin can be blamed for all events in the world.
Enjoy it:

Rolls eyes Of course the actions of adolescent children in Russia–mind you, not even Ukraine, are reflective of the entire political situation in Eastern Ukraine.

I’m sure my relatives who lived (and still live) in Eastern Ukraine would have loved to talk to a news outlet about the many times that the Ukrainian soldiers arrived in their town, and then started shooting at them, through the windows of their building apartment, but unfortunately they were too busy hiding in basements.

And Steve, it’s very unwise for you to take these types of political stands, especially as a businessman. I’m not just saying that because I completely disagree with your outlook, but if you’re trying to promote LingQ, and have your users stay on this website, then it’s expected that the owner remains neutral on all issues.

I’m officially done discussing this topic.

3 Likes

Business people should not have political stands? What good are economic assets without political assets aligned with your right to own them?

1 Like

Oh, no. once again Puitn’s fierce propaganda, even on a linguistic forum…

1 Like

I am okay with Steve opinions. He has the freedom of speech. We are all adults here, we need to be okay with different opinions. Both the average Russian and Ukrainian wants peace. They just don’t agree on how to get there.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the mindset that WWII started? Hard times needs hard leaders mindset? Not saying that is what Russia is doing but instead a warning if Russia does enter that stage.

I think that Putin has brought back confidence to the Russian people. Without him, Russia kinda panicked. If he did somehow died, Russia could drop into something darker.

Also, I don’t think Putin cares about dombass except for the war is destabilizing Ukraine. Which has a chance for the people to give up on western thoughts and come back to Russia. But this is my opinion, and I don’t know inside information. But it does make interesting reads. Which is nice.))

2 Likes

I believe that the political articles can be intersting also for the study of language if you are an open minded man and admits that there are different opinions on the same problem.

2 Likes

Learning languages keeps ones mind open. It is a nice side effects)

1 Like