Im going to Berlin!

Hallo! Moin moin! After one year of german learning with Lingq I have the opportunity of going to Berlin for a week. I know is not too much… but I was wandering If someone has and advice regarding academies for one week over there, or things I could do to improve my german. So far I havent done any grammar or writtings so I think an intensive course will help me to do so. Nandeless prices are around 200-230 per week with 30 lessons (45 min), Im not sure if I should invest the money in something else. What do you think?

1 Like

Hey that’s very exciting news! Some advice that somebody gave to me was to avoid taking a language class and instead take a class on something else of interest to you (for example, a cooking class) where you will be surrounded by mostly German speakers. This might be a more interesting way to immerse yourself with the language in an interactive and fun way.

Buena suerte. Que tenga una buena semana en Berlin.

4 Likes

Moin, moin! (Don’t tell me that our plattdeutscher Gruß has travelled all the way to Spain?! You’ll say “Tach!” next!)

Should you really, really want to do grammar, I suggest you work through Vera’s lessons. I know how much care and attention Vera puts into her material. In addition, there must be a ton of Youtube stuff.

Viel Spaß und Erfolg in Berlin!!

P.S. Have you thought of writing a private message to @Paule89 who is [a] “waschechter Berliner”?

1 Like

You’re moving to Berlin? Say hello to Paule when you see him. He will be the good looking German guy wearing the ‘I love LingQ’ shirt.

3 Likes

X’D I don’t think lingq has a line of merchandise yet.

http://www.cafepress.com/lingq

2 Likes

Too bad these shirts are boring. Would be nice if there was some better artwork :slight_smile:

You’re right. They are boring.

As I wrote long time ago in the following post, you can design your own LingQ stylish tools:

Unfortunately I’m not so creative, but it would be great if LingQ would offer some designs.

1 Like

I don’t think these shirts are boring.

You’ll definitely like Berlin. It is an amazing city. I love it very much. You can probably guess that if you listen to my podcasts about Berlin :wink: I hope to visit it again in the future.

Paule lives in Berlin. I guess he knows more about language schools in Berlin. If I were you I would combine classroom and real life experience. You could join a class for some hours and use the other hours on your own. It would be a pity to not have the time exploring Berlin!

1 Like

" Im not sure if I should invest the money in something else. What do you think?"

You could…

• check out Vera’s lessons or sites like tripadvisor.de to find out where you wanna go, what you wanna see, what you wanna do…(4free)
  • you could book me as a tutor and talk to me about Berlin (roughly 10 dollars/h)
  • buy quite a few tickets, drinks, souvenirs (etc.) while you’re here
  • go to meetup.com and join meet ups where natives participate (free conversation pratice with people who share the same interests…)
2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will invest the money in Currywurst and biergartens. Not that a week of academy would help me too much. Also, I may have some money left for some ling merchandising :stuck_out_tongue:
I didnt know that there are some lessons about Berlin, I will have a look inmendiatly!
Paul I was thinking about having some tutor lessons, in all ther time Ive been in Lingq Ive never tryed It, I still dont know how it works… But I will definitly give it a chance.

1 Like

I have a (still pie-in-the-sky) plan to live in Berlin next year for a month or two. Never been there before and hugely excited. Would love to hear if you’ve already made your trip, how it went: in general and language-wise? I had been toying with the idea of doing an intensive 1-month course too…