How can we help you?
- How do I join Conversations?
- To sign up for a conversation first choose a tutor from the list in the Tutors section. Click "Book" and you will see options for lesson duration and number of lessons. On the next page click "Reserve time" and you are all booked. Your tutor will phone you using Skype at the scheduled time. Make sure to have Skype open and a headset/microphone.
- Do I have to pay to talk to a tutor?
Yes, all prices are posted on the Tutors page.
- How many people can join a Conversation?
- All conversations on LingQ are one-on-one.
- How long are conversations?
- Conversations can be 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes in length.
- How do I complete a conversation report?
- Conversation report requests appear in the My Activities tab. If you see "Conversation Report - DUE", click "Start" and the conversation report panel will open. Here you can add helpful suggestions and comments for your student. Getting feedback is an important part of the learning process, so be sure to add tips on areas your student needs to work on. The comments section is a great place to add some words of encouragement too.
- How do I sign up to tutor on LingQ?
Signing up to be a tutor on LingQ is simple, just follow these steps:
Create a LingQ account and select "tutors" at the top of the page.
Select "Want to become a tutor? on the right.
Set up your tutor profile. You must add a bio, image and video here. Be sure to add the language you would like to tutor and the fee you will charge for conversations and writing correction. You may offer just one or both of these tutor services.
Add your availability in the calendar. Choose the days and times you are available each week. If your availability changes, you can change your calendar at any time.
That's it, you are now a LingQ tutor! Anyone looking for a tutor in the language you offer will see you on the tutor page and be able to book a conversation with you. Good luck!
- Do I need tutoring experience?
- You don't need tutoring experience to be a tutor on LingQ. We think the best tutors are those passionate about the language and helping others to learn it. If you have a patient and encouraging nature and are skilled at keeping a conversation going with interesting questions and topics, you will be a great tutor.
- Do I need to be a native speaker?
- Yes. The LingQ method is all about exposure to native-speaker content, whether listening to audio in a lesson or having a conversation with someone.
- How much should I charge as a LingQ tutor?
- That's totally up to you. It’s a good idea to take a look at what other tutors are charging.
- How many students and lessons can I teach?
- Conversations are one-on-one and you can teach as much as you like. When you sign up to become a LingQ tutor you will fill out your schedule. Feel free to make yourself as available as possible. Don’t worry, you can change your schedule at any point.
- How do I get students?
Students will find you on the tutor page, that’s why it’s important to have a bio, image and video. Let students know interesting things like where you’re from and why you are passionate about your native language. You could also list your interests and you might find students who share and want to discuss them.
You may also want to become active on the forums, especially the forums dealing with the language you tutor. Answering and interacting with learners of your language can help get them interested in your tutoring services. Likewise, doing some free correction on the Exchange may help you make connections with learners.
- What do I need to tutor on LingQ?
- All you need to be a LingQ tutor is a LingQ account and a Skype account.
- How do I receive payment?
- Your tutoring fee will be paid when the lesson is finished (Note that a 15% commission will be withheld by LingQ). Payment is in LingQ points. You can cash out your points when you have a minimum of 10000 ($100).
- How can I cash out?
- When you have a minimum of 10000 points ($100), email email@example.com to request a cash out.
- Do my LingQ points expire?
- LingQ points expire if not used within a one year period. As long as you are active, earning points, buying points or spending points, your points won't expire.
Did you not find the answer you were looking for?