Playing Course audio, filtering Vocabulary by Course, Hebrew TTS

We have a few recent updates we wanted to let you know about.

Play Course Audio

Many of you have been asking about the possibility of having multiple playlists, and while this isn’t possible, what we have done is enabled it so that you can listen to all lessons in any course. Just click on the “…” menu when looking at your list of courses in My Lessons. You will now see an option to “Play Course Audio”. When you do this the course page opens up and starts playing the course.

You can shuffle and turn on continuous play and manage your lessons just like you do on the regular Playlist from there.
This option will be coming to mobile shortly as well. First on iOS and later on Android.

Vocabulary Course Filter

Another requested feature is the ability to filter your Vocabulary list by Course. You will now find a Courses dropdown in the filters on the Vocabulary page. Now you can focus on reviewing only those words you are learning from your favourite course!

Hebrew Text to Speech

We are always happy when we can add standard functionality that has been missing from our beta languages due to technical constraints. Thanks to our members for letting us know TTS for Hebrew was available on Bing Translator!

Enjoy these updates and keep the feedback coming!

40 Likes

Wow, dream updates!!! Thank you for being so attentive to users’ requests and constantly making LingQ better! Can’t wait to see it working on Android :wink:

This was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for listening. I do targeted vocabulary reviews on books, so this helps me export all the LingQs from each book I’m learning.

1 Like

This is great news. Thank you!

Thanks for the news. Cantonese TTS coming?

It’s definitely great when a company listens to its users. cough Memrise

4 Likes

You have no idea how much more I’m now listening with the course audio feature. It’s awesome. Can’t wait to try the vocab by course too, it makes the learning so much more efficient … and fun. I LOVE you guys! There’s just nothing out there like Lingq. Love love love!

4 Likes

Very cool!! Thank you!!! :smiley:

Its a nice idea. I just checked the vocabulary-course-filter and it doese NOT work as expected. There are still words shown in the list, which are definetly not part of the course. There are also way too much vocabulary listed. Even though i just marked like 10 vocabulary in a course, there will be shown few hundreds of words

I’ve tried the new course filter feature, but I think there is a bug:
There are hundreds of words which appear in every course-filtered vocab list (even in the short ones whrere are only few lingqs in reality). I am sure that these courses don’t contain these words/lingqs, because most of them are longer phrases.
I think these lingq’s original courses were already deleted (mostly by me).

Great user option updates, thx

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. We’re checking into it.

We’ll see what we can do…!

Thank you!

@jbfan88 - Bing also had Cantonese so we have added that now too! Enjoy!

1 Like

@Hikarion, tas4w444 - Please try it again now. It should be working properly. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much

Great, to listen to something different , Thank you.

I tried the course audio on iOS for the first time today. Thank you for adding this feature! It adds so much flexibility to listening to audio with LingQ.

1 Like

Quick update here, the Course vocabulary filter has also been added to iOS now.

1 Like