Accidentally marked 100s of words as known, how do I undo it?

I’m still beginner one, but I was browsing through some more advanced content out of curiosity. When I clicked through some pages, I forgot that all the new words would be considered known (a feature which I usually appreciate, but it hurt me in this case). All of a sudden my known word could went from 250 to 527!
I tried going through the new “learned” words to reset but I don’t see a way to bring them back to new word status
If it helps, all the words I just “learned” occurred on 7/20/2022 (between midnight and 1 am PST). I essentially want to erase all the progress that happened on that day

I’m still beginner one, but I was browsing through some more advanced content out of curiosity. When I clicked through some pages, I forgot that all the new words would be considered known (a feature which I usually appreciate, but it hurt me in this case). All of a sudden my known word could went from 250 to 527!

I tried going through the new “learned” words to reset but I don’t see a way to bring them back to new word status

If it helps, all the words I just “learned” occurred on 7/20/2022 (between midnight and 1 am PST). I essentially want to erase all the progress that happened on that day

F

…seriously though, it can’t be undone. Probably best is to either to go through the lessons and save as unknown (yellow highlighted words) any words you don’t know, or just leave it and mark those words as unknown when you see them in the future. That’s not so many words anyway.

Honestly, I don’t understand why this feature is a thing at all. You can set all the remaining words to known at the end of the lesson anyway, so why would we want to do it for each page?

Paging lessons automatically moves all remaining blue words on that page to known. We assume you have created LingQs for all unknown words before paging.

Automatic removal of blue words can be turned off in the Settings for the Reader. The “Move words to known” option is the one to turn off. However, this just means that when you click the complete Lesson option on the last page, all your blue words for the whole lesson will be moved to known. There is no reason to keep blue words. The idea is that you either need to learn them or they are known. (or you can ignore words).

Having said that, you can click on all white words to make them blue again and create LingQs for them. So, if you are reading, and come across a word you incorrectly marked as known or ignored, just click on it to make it blue.

Finally, you can reset your language in your Language Settings - Login - LingQ

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick responses!

I’ll go through the lesson and try adding lingqs for all the ones I want to review. It’s too bad there isn’t an easy way to undo, but this shouldn’t take too long

The interface was clear, so I knew what I was signing up for with the “Paging moves to known” option, but I just forgot about it in that moment. I’ll experiment more to see if I want to keep it enabled or not

You aren’t alone brother. Did the same thing with 350 new words, and just had to go through the article. The setting thing from Zoran really works. Lifesaver comment.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. I’m stuck trying to remove these “known” words that were marked by accident. I can’t find them on the vocabulary list with the “known” filter. Is there no way to find them and unmark them? I have them across several articles and I can’t find them, any tips?

Thanks!

PS: I just wrote a post related to this: Trying To Understand "Known Words" Vs "Invisible Known Wo...