About the pronouns in Russian

When I was trying to go through all of cases of Russian pronouns.

I notice that in every masculine accusative case , it seemingly contains two choices of pronouns.

What’s the difference?

This is the website that I’ve found this trait: Russian Pronouns - Russian Grammar

Need your significant help , thanks!

Could you give me an example? I’ve looked through the page, but didn’t get what you mean.

Yes, acc of the possessive pronouns that tell about the things is like Nominative; but the acc of the pronouns that tell about people and animals is equal with Gen: Я вижу твой дом; Я вижу твоего друга.
The personal pronouns acc=gen: Я- меня- мне- меня-мной- обо мне
I write about in my course for A2 in the Russian library here: Грамматические модели.
Good luck!

1 Like

if you are referring to animate objects, e.g. people or animals, the form of the pronoun that you should use is identical to the genitive. For reference to inanimate objects, use the other form.

1 Like

Oh sorry - I replied before noticing that Evgueny had already answered. Listen to him - he is the master.

Authentically helpful ! I didn’t know this fact cuz I haven’t finished your Russian learning collection ‘Русский с нуля’,which is for absolute beginners. Большое спасибо!

It’s fine. Every sincere answer is all regarded!

Still appreciate your attention to this thread =).

Hi ! =)))

Beg pardon for a somewhat macabre issue I’m going to bring up but it’s only for grammar sake! =))

Based upon the knowledge of genetive and accusative plural forms is it possible to tell which of the two, ‘the deads’ or ‘the corpses’ is grammatically animate in Russian and which is inanimate? :wink:

This was one of our entrance exams questions, actually, to test our real knowledge of Russian as a mother tongue ! :wink:

If “труп” is the word for corpse you mean, then it is inanimate in the acc. plural (трупы), I think, but the word you mean for “the deads” I do not know. Is this what you were asking?

1 Like

Hi ! =))) Yes! =)) You are absolutely right! It’s the formal principle itself that matters here! =))) The second word in that question was (мертвецы) . :wink:

The explanation given to us was: if the accusative plural coincides with the nominative plural, it’s inanimate, if with the genetive plural, it’s animate ! =))

Ah. Thank you. That is the same explanation I was given. It is an interesting question for an entrance exam.

You are up very early, I think. We are 8 hours “behind” you here in the eastern U.S., and it is late evening.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, sort of! :wink: It’s just 6:25 here in Moscow; telling the truth I didn’t go to bed yet, worked overnight ! =))