Help with Russian Translation!

Hi . could somebody please translate this little paragraph for me? I understand word by word but couldn’t grasp the main point!

“И если даже вы познакомились с кем-то и влюбились весной, то и в этом случае саму любовь вы переживёте летом, и именно летом вы поймёте, насколько вы влюблены и будет ли у этой любви продолжение.”

I think my problem with understanding this kind of sentences traces back to my Grammatical issues. If possible Please explain a little bit about the structures used in these sentences.

Thank you in advance!

“And even if you met someone and fell in love with someone in spring, even in this case you will experience the actual love in summer, and exactly in summer you will understand how deep you are in love and whether this love will have a continuation.”

Something like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

"“And even if you met someone and fell in love with someone in spring, even in this case you will experience the actual love in summer, and exactly in summer you will understand how deep you are in love and whether this love will have a continuation.”

Something like that :)" I’d just copied and then pasted here jviktors’s work. And I’m not exactly sure that I managed to understand what exactly you do not understand in the grammar issue.

И если даже вы познакомились с кем-то и влюбились весной, то и в этом случае саму любовь вы переживёте летом, и именно летом вы поймёте, насколько вы влюблены и будет ли у этой любви продолжение
И если даже вы познакомились с кем-то (and even if you…)

Познакомились is verb and it is like when you made the acquaintance with someone.

In the russian language are two forms of verbs – perfect and non-perfect (ass we call in russian, may be in the grammar books it is explained in other way).
Non-perfect verb’s feature is that you’re not gonna do that. It is indefinite. But the perfect verb means that it tends to happen, or happened, or will happen. That’s it.
May be in the grammar books you’ll read it in other words and things like that. But, it is how I’ve managed to explain it to you in the possibly easy way.
And also the verbs are being changed when it comes to man, woman… ot the nouns (singular) which are considered by different roots –a/я, -all the consonant letters, and –о/e.
And there’re 6 cases. But it is too complicated that it’d be better if you find out them in the grammar books. And try to find out the grammar book for children. Explore the education sites which are created especially for children at age 7-10. Because children at this age are supposed to attend the primary schools. Sorry if you can’t understand clearly. And if so, please, tell to me. I’ll do something to ease this issue for you. Russian language, in fact, not very complicated. It is very poetic and very rich, but not complicated.
Have a good luck!