In my lingq's this has no definition. Isn't this child?

In my lingq’s this has no definition. Isn’t this child?

Is this from a text? If it has no definition it might have been deleted for some reason. You just need to go to the dictionary of your choice to look it up, or just pit in child. I like Lingvo for Russian by the way. I don’t know which dictionary you have selected.

I have found looking up words in Russian as a beginner to be very difficult. The system of declension is so complex that often I will get no result from the dictionary and won’t know how to change the word I am looking up to get it into a form that will give me a result. Often when I do get a result, the Russian word that the dictionary tells me it is giving a definition for is so different to what I searched for, that I have no idea if it is the correct word or not. I guess this will be much easier once I have learned a lot more grammar.

In German it is much easier, most because the system of declension is simpler. I also understand a lot more about the grammar, so I almost always know how to edit the word to get it into it’s dictionary form.

@Colin

its :slight_smile: