Cette formulation me confond. Comment s'assemblent les mots "saurait y

Cette formulation me confond. Comment s’assemblent les mots “saurait y avoir en tout ceci” et “amour-propre d’auteur”? “Knew it to have in all this”? “Author’s self-esteem”? Merci d’avance.

Here is an educated guess for the time being until a French member has time to comment

The truth is - and I am allowed to state it as there wouldn’t t be any sign of ‘author’s self-interest’ involved - since I am not the author, I only report …The truth is …

Hope this makes sense and gives you an inkling of what is going on in the sentence. It is quite a challenging one, isn’t it?

While we wait for a French native to give his translation here is my literal translation :As he wouldn’t know how to get ( have) any “author importance” out of all this…" amour-propre d’auteur, according to the dictionary I consulted, means :Défaut d’un auteur qui s’exagère l’importance de son œuvre. I can’t think of how to explain it in English. Basically it is an artist who has a blown out sense of how important his work is . Here, you will find examples of how the expression is used :AMOUR-PROPRE : Définition de AMOUR-PROPRE You must scroll a little before you find it. Hope this makes sense, I don’t know if I explained it very well !

Well… It’s a very well educated, formal sentence, and very old-fashion too :-). You’ll not ear that in a subway…

“savoir” also as the meaning of “to be able to”
ie: “tu sais conduire?” => “Can you drive?”
“il ne sait [pas] mentir” = “He can’t lie”

In this phrase, it mean : “As, it cannot have any pride from the author in all this stuff …blabla”
or “As it cant”'t be a author overblow here, …"
Sorry, it’s quiet hard for me to translate.