It looks like you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Sorry, we only support IE 10 and above. To use the site you will need to use a more up to date browser. We strongly recommend you upgrade to:

Hello, what is the exact meaning of word - coup - here in this content? de s´enerver un bon COUP sur le peripherique. Thank you

Anyone for small advice?

Bonjour ! Je veux bien tenter une réponse en français.

Vous entendrez souvent cette expression familière en français : s'énerver / pleurer / rire / souffler / péter... un bon coup. Dans ce contexte, "un bon coup" signifie "franchement", "de bon cœur", "sans calculer", "sans retenue".

Selon le dictionnaire Reverso en ligne, pleurer / rire un bon coup = to have a good cry / laugh.

J'espère avoir été utile.

COUP = Chandra Orion Ultra-Deep Project

It was a project that observed for 9.7 days the Orion Nebula Cluster with the ACIS camera onboard the Chandra X-ray telescope.

Bedy raises a good point. Most of the time I refrain from answering to this kind of thread simply because I don't know how to answer in English (or I know that it will take me time that I often don't have). Don't take me wrong, I don't blame people for asking for explanations in English, but I find it hard to explain something about my mother tongue in another language, especially when it comes to idiomatic expressions. It's hard enough to explain them in French. ^^

To comment login or sign up for a free account