Difference between 'Geniş Zaman' and 'Şımdiki Zaman'

Hi everyone,

Could someone please tell me the difference between the ‘Geniş Zaman’ and the ‘Şımdiki Zaman’.

Thanks in advance,
Floris

ok let me try to give some examples

I am washing the dishes(right now) şimdiki zaman (present continious)
I wash dishes in the evenings(habitual) geniş zaman (simple present)

however şimdiki zaman and geniş zaman are not always similar to the tenses in english. Unfortunately there are no exact set of rules which let you decide which tense you need to use in a random situation.

I Live in Sweden
İsveçte yaşıyorum (the literal translation is I am living Sweden).
İsveçte yaşarım(the literal translation is “I Live in Sweden” but we don2t use this way.It sounds odd )
İmkanım olsa isveçte yaşarım(meaning translation " if I had the chance I would live in Sweden"
literal translation " If i have chance I live in Sweden)

Şimdiki zaman Zayıflamak için akşamları koşuyorum.(literal translation: In order to loose weight i am running in the evenings)

Geniş zaman: Çita ceyandan hızlı koşar(literal trans Cheetah runs faster than gazelle).Always
geniş zaman:O hiçbirzaman cüzdanını unutmaz(He never forgets his wallet)
Geniş zaman :Burda kuralları ben koyarım(I make the rules here).Always very strick

The best way to learn correctly is to add some turkish dudes/girls to your friend list in skype and when you think of an english sentence just ask “how could i use in turkish”.After a couple of hundred sentences you’ll grasp the point