Gracias.
I just wonder if I this words have the same meaning: أتكلم أتحدث
Thank you.

Hola topikapi!

Yes, they can be used interchangeably.

Gracias a ti !
شكراً بك

You’re Welcome :wink:
It should be شكراً لك. The ل means for and the ك means you. So, it’s “thanks for you”.

Thank you very much for your help.
So, it is شكراً لك but مرحباً بك , isn’t it?
I am a bit confused about the use of لك and بك :slight_smile:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but does anyone of you knows how to type in Arabic in Microsoft Word? Whenever I try to copy something written in Arabic (from Wikipedia or an on-line dictionary), the order of the letter reverses… What do I keep doing wrong? How to write from right to left?

For Windows I use Maren (http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/egypt/cmic/maren/) and for Firefox the Yamli extension.

¡Muchas gracias! I’ll check it out immediately.

Yes, Microsoft Maren is good. You just have to type in the pronunciation of the word using english letters and it converts it to arabic. But take care because it can be inaccurate at some instances.
In order to be able to write in Arabic, you’ll have to have your windows configured to right-to-lift script. Then enable arabic on your machine. This can all be done from control panel. I hope that this helps :wink:

Yes, it did! Thank you very much :slight_smile: Now I can try to learn the script properly.

Yes topikapi, you’re right. Well, بك and لك are composed of ب or ل which are just prepositions plus the letter ك which is the form of “you” that comes after those prepositions. So they literally mean, respectively, “thanks FOR you” and “welcome WITH you”. I hope that this could clarify a little.

Glad to know that I could help customic :slight_smile:
Don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions :wink:

مرحبا كيف حالكم

انا جديد في هذا الموقع

مرحباً بك فى LingQ!
نتمنى أن تستمتع بدراسة العربية. و لا تتردد فى السؤال إن إحتجت مساعدة

I want to be a arabic translator but what is the difference between the dialects

I think that you’re going to encounter mainly, as a translator, standard Arabic (i.e. Arabic used in newspapers, official documents, letters, etc) which doesn’t vary from one region to another. Most texts are written in the standard form, because other less formal forms are only spoken and not written.
For the spoken local dialects, however, no clear distinction can be made between them, but with experience you’ll most probably get the job done!
Sorry for the very late reply Bridgett.