"Ik kan in mijn eendje praktisch doen wat ik wil".

“Ik kan in mijn eendje praktisch doen wat ik wil”. Is dit een uitdrukking? Zo ja, wat betekent dat? Kan iemand me helpen?

I’ll give a stab at this…

Dit is slechts een typefout.
Een eendje is a duckling (kan ook verwijzen naar a toy rubber duckie)

‘in mijn eendje’ moest ‘in mijn eentje’ zijn

in mijn eentje = alleen = by myself
praktisch = bijna helemaal = practically
doen wat ik wil = do what I want

Ik kan niet alles in mijn eentje doen.
I can’t do everything by myself.

Dat kan ik niet in mijn eentje doen.
I can’t do that by myself.

A group of three reality game show contestants are asked who wants to volunteer to do part of the next assignment alone, while the other two contestants do part of the assignment together:

• Ik wil niet in mijn eentje. I don’t want to by myself.
  • Ik hou niet echt van in mijn eentje zijn. I don’t really like being by myself.
  • Ik ga in mijn uppie. I’ll go by myself.

‘In mijn (of je) eentje’ is actually used twice during the podcast:

Ik vind het zelf moeilijker om als je in je eentje woont elke dag lekker te koken, omdat je ook maar zo’n heel klein beetje moet klaarmaken.
I personally think it’s more difficult to cook every day if you live by yourself because you have to prepare such a small amount of food at a time.

Ik kan in mijn eentje praktisch doen wat ik wil, maar als je een familie hebt dan moet je dat beter plannen.
By myself, I can pretty much do what I want, but if you have a family, then you have to better plan your meals.

3 Likes

I can’t find whether I ever said thank you for this. I got confused by the spelling error and wondered whether it was an expression involving animal/s. Er is geen hond gekomen. Or Er was geen kip te bekennen!! I should have used what passes for my brains! If I had, i would have worked it out. Thank you for the very clear explanations. I did manage to give you the rose - even if not the thanks!!