Use of maści

I don’t understand the use of the word “maści” in the first paragraph. It literally means “ointment” but it doesn’t seem to fit here. Any help is appreciated.
Bardzo mi podoba ten kurs!

Thanks, Max

Hi Max

In this context “maści” means “types/ kinds” - he suffers from different types/kinds of cold. The word is not very popular in everyday Polish, but does exist :slight_smile:

Thank you Anetak. My wife is a native speaker and even she was not sure about this word!

It’s not that unpopular either, look here: wszelkiej maści - Google Search

Apart from ointment it’s also being used for speaking about the colour of animal fur, but “wszelkiej maści” also means “all the kinds”.

Cieszę się, że Ci się podoba, bo to moja prawdziwa historia :slight_smile:

Dziekuje Dave. Powiem Zonie!
Twoja historia ma duzo nowych zlow dla mnie ale moge jeszcze rozumiem. Inaczej mowiac jest idealny poziom i jest bardzo interesujacy. Tez, wlasnie znalazlem bardzo uzyteczny strone…

http://pl.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wikisłownik:Strona_główna

I only found this site via your link above. It is excellent as it quickly gives me the correct case ending if I’m not sure.

Well, in polish language you can use this word only while speaking about horses I think so. In other cases it can sound a bit weird. This word is much more popular in russian language:)