Hi. In which case is this sentence ? "Jejím oblíbeným

Hi. In which case is this sentence ? “Jejím oblíbeným místem pro psaní se běh” . And what can be used as a marker for determining this case ? I can`t find a preposition or verb that determines it.

Thanks in advance!

Runar

oblíbeným místem - I believe it’s instrumental case (ablative). It’s hard for me to explain why, it’s just the same as in most Slavic languages (Russian and Belarusian are native form me, they have the same grammer idea).

Cases are properties of nouns, not whole sentences. In this example, there are two nouns: “místem” and “psaní”. Generally, you can recognize case from noun ending or from it’s preposition. Here,
místem - 7th case = instrumental of word “místo”
psaní - 1st case = nominative

But I think declension is something which is too complicated to learn (see Czech declension - Wikipedia). It’s better to ignore it and wait until your brain learns the rules subconsciously.

Thanks Petrr and Ress! Although some sentences are linked together in the same case, this one was different. Usually I can recognize declined sentences from the nouns or verbs, but this one confused me somewhat.
You are right, I guess I have to get used to it !