Vytvářet

vytvářet

Hi It means to create or make. I believe that its the imperfective form of vytvorit , but don’t hold me to that my Czech grammar has always been questionable :slight_smile:

Thanks a lof for the help. I’m new on Lingq and I just discover the many possibilities offered by the site. Your nickname her is Czech, right? Does it mean “clean teeth”?

Ano moje prezdivka je cistyzuby, je znamena “clean teeth”. Jsem zubar. Proc studujes Cestinu? Okud jsi? V jakem meste bydlis? Nazdar Steve

Cistyzuby je divny prezdivka myslim :slight_smile: moje prezdivka je Ferdy, protože moje jmeno je Fernando. Jsem Angličan ale moje matka je španelstina. Kolik dlouha studoval Čestina?

Kde bydlite vy cistyzuby? Bydlim jsem ve jih praha - Jilove U Praha, znate? Je asi dveset kilometr jih Praha.

Ferdy

Dobry den Ferdy. Jak se mate? To je hezky videt ze studujete Cestinu.Proc myslite “cistyzuby” je divna prezdivka? Jsem zubar proto je velmi prislusny nazev. Bydlim ve Rhode Island USA , neni daleko more, asi deset monuty s autem. Tak jste rekl ze jste bydlite ve Jilove U Praha ? Znam ji, verim tam mate prilis spoustu …….zlato? Je pravda? Proc studujete Cestinu? obvykly duvody ? Pivo, kocky nebo arcitektura ? Jsem zvedavy. Zdar

Steve

I think the better translation is ‘to make out of something’, ‘to form’.

Bautov, I humbly disagree with your assertion that your translation is better. my original translation was to create , which is a more elegant and streamlined version of “to make out of something” . As one of the great literary creations states “God created the Earth” The bible doesn’t state God made the Earth out of something. The beauty of the english language is its vast vocabulary which endows it with nuance and character.

I wasn’t talking about the beauty of the English language, i was trying to give a translation which could help to understand the difference between tvářet, vytvářet and stvořit (because Stvořil Bůh nebe a zemi ) better.

The difference among these words is only subtle, no need to quarrel :wink:

tvořit = vytvářet = to make, create (both physical and intellectual things), (imperfective aspect = ongoing, unfinished process)
vytvořit = perfective form of the above = finished process of creation
stvořit = also perfective, but slightly different meaning. Often means to create from nothing, but also to create something bad or unsuccessful

tvářet = doesn’t exist

There weren’t any quarrels.
By the way, how to say ‘what have you done?’ using this root?

“Co jsi vytvořil?”
“Co jsi stvořil?”

or

“Co jsi tvořil?” meaning “What have you been doing?”

Thanks. In Russian it would be ‘natvoril’.