How do I start I am complete beginner?

Should I use LingQ or should I learn the alphabet? any ideas guys? anyone recommend me books? Thank you all

I’d recommend to find some simple books with explanations of the basic principles of the language you want to learn.
LingQ helps very much but it would be easier to be a bit familiar with the grammar rules.
The choice of the additional materials depends on you.

What language do you mean?

Korean? I think you should learn hangul first, and some basic words, and follow the advice from Ress. I’m playing around with korean and it seems really really hard to “get under the language-skinn” so to speak. THere is good apps for learning the alphabet fast.

I would recommend getting a beginner book, and learning the Hangul, before using LingQ.

what I have planned out is this. At the very beginning use this, pimsleur, and rosetta stone (I use the torrent versions for pimsleur and rosetta). Then find a nice free grammar e-book and once you graduate from lingq (i mean complete all the courses) I would use a program call “learning with texts” which is like an advanced version of lingq that is very customizeable.

I created shared lessons that are very simple. They cover pronunciation of the Hangul letters. It is under the course “KDA” KDA Class #1 - Korean Characters

Korean Digital Academy offers 2 classes that teach Hangul for free.

Video lectures plus online speaking practice with a native speaker are offered at KDA, and I am a student. Convenient, because you can do it all online.

Login - LingQ Is this the way to share the link to a lesson?

Use the right mouse click to copy the link from the library.

1 Like

Login - LingQ Testing the “copy link” to my “Let It Go” Frozen in Korean lesson