Help ! What's 당신이 meaning?

Help !!! What’s 당신이 meaning ??

당신이 => you [실례합니다, 당신이 피터인가요? => Excuse me, are you Peter?]

Also, try checking out this explanation from Talk To Me In Korean on the proper usage of 당신: Sign in ‹ Learn Korean with Talk To Me In Korean — WordPress

I wouldn’t worry too much as a beginner, as people are very understanding towards beginners and know they may not know how to use everything properly, so take it more as a guide than a mandate :slight_smile:

The short answer is “You”, or “You” with the subject particle attached to it.
당신(ᅟYou) + 이(subject particle) → 당신이, for starting a phrase like “You are”, “You did”, “You have”, and the like.

But 당신 also has other usages, so it’s always a good idea to provide the context or the whole sentence to get the exactt meaning. In addition, although its simple, most common dictionary translation is “you”, its nuance is not quite like the English “You” in that you cannot use it as freely as “you” in English (alex’s response above refers to this aspect). Koreans seldom use this term with their elders, superiors, or even total strangers because it’s considered rude to do so. For beginning learners this “nuance and propriety” is probably too much, but it’s good to be aware of it, I think, especially if you’re seriously learning it.