Mary: Here comes the waiter. this means Mary called the waiter or waiter is coming towords Mary , which one correct?

Mary: Here comes the waiter. this means Mary called the waiter or waiter is coming towords Mary , which one correct?

Mary: You know, it is about time to go to dinner means time is right to go to dinner , am i right? …

“Here comes the waiter” means the waiter is coming towards the person who is speaking.

After Mary called waiter then he is coming , am i right?

Absolutely! =)) Mary called THE waiter, waited for some time (hence, this wording ‘here comes…’), and now he appeared and is coming towards her! =))

The waiter comes here. Mary noticed that the waiter is coming toward her and said, “Here comes the waiter. Let’s order something.”

Exactly! ‘It’s about time’ means ‘it’s NEARLY the right time’ (that’s why ABOUT is used here) :wink:

I think , Here comes the waiter means Mary calls the waiter to come here am I right now?

It’s almost time for the dinner party at the restaurant to start, but her husband, Rick, is still getting ready. Mary is worried that they will be late.

MARY 
(looking impatiently at her watch) 

You know, it’s about time to go to dinner.

RICK 
(putting in his contact lenses) 

I know, I know, I’m almost ready.

(Later at the restaurant… )

RICK 

I wonder what imported beer they serve here?

MARY 
(sees the waiter coming toward the table) 

Here comes the waiter. You can ask him.

‘Here comes the waiter’ just means that she sees the waiter coming toward the table. It does not necessarily mean that she, or anyone for that matter, has called the waiter to the table. This may be the first time that she has seen the waiter appear from the kitchen. However, it is possible to signal to the waiter, or otherwise get the waiter’s attention, i.e. call the waiter, and then say to someone at the table, “Here comes the waiter.” But one does not necessitate the other.

1 Like

Mary called the waiter. Waiter is coming close to Mary.

Here Comes the Sun

“Come here!” is an imperative sentence, but “Here comes …” is a declarative sentence, which simply describes the situation.

“Mary called the waiter or waiter is coming towords Mary , which one correct?”
Uchtha’s second answer is correct.

“The waiter” comes after “comes,” that is, S(ubject) comes after V(erb). This is called inversion.
“Down came the rain.”—ROYAL ENGLISH GRAMMAR by Y. Watanuki and others

P.S.
My hobby is reading grammar books.