An expensive restaurant means its food is so expensive am

an expensive restaurant means its food is so expensive am i right?

Yes, it means the food is expensive.

However, you said “so expensive” , which has the feeling of “too expensive”. That implies the food isn’t worth the high price, or the restaurant charges way too much.

However, Mary said the food was very good and the restaurant was famous. So it’s better to say “very expensive” (instead of “so expensive”), since the food costs a lot but is worth it.

Edit: Mary said “quite expensive”. ‘Quite’ is another way of saying “very” here. But she thought it was worth it.

Yes , food is expensive in restaurants of great cities .

expensive food is expensive

“This is an expensive restaurant” can mean the same thing as “This restaurant is so expensive”, although as Julz said “so expensive” can imply that one has decided that the cost of the food is disproportionately greater than the food’s quality. In colloquial English when I hear someone say a product or service is either “very expensive” or “so expensive”, I find that people who feel the cost is justified will still say something to justify the cost, typically something like “but it is well worth the cost”.

thanx u all

thanx u all for replying me , Mary: You know, it is about time to go to dinner means time is right to go to dinner , am i right? …

Mary: Here comes the waiter. this means Mary called the waiter or waiter is coming towords Mary , which one correct?