Word Eventually

Good time to all of you, my friends

I would like to draw your attention about the English word eventually.

I am a native Spanish speaker, and for all of us we can easily suspect the meaning of this particular word due to the fact we have a similar word in Spanish. Eventualmente, that means when something happen from time to time. And, there is no others meaning. However, it seems eventually can means many things. I see all the meanings are related to time’s factor but, the big different compared with the Spanish word, is eventualmente, although does not give an accurate information to the listener about how often something used to happen, refers to the amount of times something takes place.

It is worth to mention that the dictionary associate to the speech gives a nonsense answer when we request for the translation.

Maybe this subject is silly but i am curious for small, little tiny details like this one.

For all these reason, i am starting thinking that maybe i am missing something. Perhaps i overlooked a key point.

I more than beg your comments on this personal issue that i have.

Cheers

An eventuality in English is a possible event; eventually is often used with the meaning of final/ultimate. The eventual result of his enquiry was XYZ. The eventual winner will receive a cash prize and a small silver statue.