It looks like you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Sorry, we only support IE 10 and above. To use the site you will need to use a more up to date browser. We strongly recommend you upgrade to:

how does it translated? "or caught up in something that ...

Term:
If you are worried about something coming up, or caught up in something that already happened
Lesson:
Zen Habits, Breathe

how does it translated? "or caught up in something that already happened"

" to become involved in sth"

ORIGINAL
If you are worried about something coming up, or caught up in something that already happened....

EQUIVALENT MEANING
If you are concerned about something that is expected to happen, or you are thinking alot about something that happened in the past....

EQUIVALENT MEANING
If you are worried about something that is scheduled to happen in the future, or you are wasting your time thinking about the past....

EQUIVALENT MEANING
If you are overly concerned about something that you anticipate will happen, or you are living in the past....

In your meditation, don't get caught up in something that already happened.
= Don't think too much about something that already happened.

If you're caught up in an event or situation, you are very involved in it, but you didn't choose to be. In your example, being involved means thinking a lot.

Here are some other examples of caught up:
I can't come to the party. I'm caught up in work. (I have a lot of work. I didn't choose it.)
The Syrian people are caught up in a difficult war. (They are part of the war but they didn't choose to be.)
Brian got caught up in a fight last night. (He didn't start the fight and he didn't want to fight, but he became involved.)

To comment login or sign up for a free account