LingQ 101, Steve's Introduction to LingQ

Is it possible for someone to go in and correct the text in this lesson? There are several errors, and it’s very frustrating spending time looking up words (combinations of characters) that don’t exist…

I had a look and overwhelmingly the combinations were fine, and in fact many or most had user generated hints that did not require looking up the dictionary. We use a software for segmenting the words which occasionally does create some odd combinations. Which combination characters have caused you trouble. Please advise.

Hey Steve! LingQ is amazing and your videos on YouTube have often inspired me and pointed me towards great strategies for refining my language learning approach. Thank you very much!!!

Anyway, there do seem to be a few errors here, but for me it’s mainly problems with the segmenting. It won’t allow me to break 理解 and 课文 into two words (second paragraph); same deal with 无法 and 控制 in the first paragraph; in the third paragraph, 沉浸於 is not even lingq-able text. Also in the first paragraph, the word (is it?) 什麽 appears twice, I’m certain that should be 什么。There may be other things, but I’m only halfway through the text.

Not a big deal, really, I can usually figure these things out if I just put the ol’ grey matter to work for a few seconds, but it would be nice to have someone take a lookthrough and fix those little bugs.

Greetings from Xinxiang, Henan, and again, thank you for all your great work!!! :slight_smile:

-August