Why I don't have a lot of time to learn?

Dear All

I don’t know why I don’t have a lot have time to spend time with the language. I know someone will say if you want to speak fluently should be don’t let two days at least without read or listen English language even your are busy could be find time to learn. However, listen when you drive to your to reach your company whatever. Sometime I feel pass me off when I see someone learn easily. I Think it despite on the person how to find and learn like neutral without force himself to learn. I need to this feeling to learn. But I can feel satisfied when someone said “Learn language like a marathon not fast”. I want to use new vocabulary to speak and write to feel I still improve not like at the same level. I want to see myself speak easily like native speaker. Just I need motivation and encourage without shy when I speak. I’m sure I can do it just need patient and discipline to work perfectly.

That what I want to share with you.

Have a great day

Study languages because you like it and don’t expect any return, learn as you have time to and stop worrying. There can be a lot of pressure if you keep thinking about how much more you could be doing and this is going to undermine your motivation. The day will come when you will be able to speak fluently.

1 Like

I agree 100 % with you. I have been studying Polish for 14 months. The more I study the more I love it. I think I am falling in love with the language. To study a language because we like it and plan to use it helps a lot in this long language journey. I cannot image myself doing without it. In 2 weeks I will go to Gdansk Poland and I, already, see myself happily reading the street signs and listening to other talking on the street.

2 Likes

“I know someone will say if you want to speak fluently should be don’t let two days at least without read or listen English language even your are busy could be find time to learn.”
I doubt anyone would say that, even in a million years.

1 Like

"There can be a lot of pressure "…Yeah I feel this everyday. I really want to feel powerful without any pressure to learn as eagle when it fly in the sky and the wings are work smoothly and see everything is wonderful. That what I need to do.

Thank you for your replay. :slight_smile:

" I cannot image myself doing without it". You are a great man. Hopefully doing like this and I will do it.

Have a nice tip :slight_smile:

My advice, and the advice of many other people, is simply to do as much as you want, of what you want, and when you can.

For me, this is 1.5 hours per day of activities I like doing, which is mostly reading. I just find thing to read that interest me, important them into link, look up the words, and read. I learn a lot of words in a short time. I don’t find a lot of time to listen, and most of the stuff I like doesn’t have audio/sound. As a result, I understand basically everything that is written, except certain books. However, I can have some difficult with quickly spoken speech in movies and TV programs. In person spoken speech is generally fine–as is my own ability to communicate on a wide variety of subjects.

1 Like

Just I need consistency and staying as I play games to learn a lot. You know, sometimes would be speak as a native speaker on the spot but this give me frustration because still not speak like them. Everyday listen to podcast , watch video and read a book. As keytinho said “The day will come when you be able to speak fluently”.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Have you read “The Third Ear” by Chris Lonsdale? Check it out on Amazon: http://www.amazon.de/Third-Ear-Chris-Lonsdale/dp/988988870X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429717034&sr=8-1&keywords=the+third+ear

No, I don’t get a commission :slight_smile: but the book is great. You might also get inspired by his TEDex presentation on youtube - with over 5 million hits:

“How to learn any language in 6 months”: How to learn any language in six months | Chris Lonsdale | TEDxLingnanUniversity - YouTube

He points out - if you learn 10 nouns and 10 verbs and 10 adjectives, you haven’t learned 30 words, you have learned 1000 expressions (or close to)!!! Now, that is INSPIRING!

Like Steve SAYS, "Have FUUUUUUUN!!!

1 Like

Hi Talarmedmig, it has been a pleasure to watch the TED presentation.

I used to watch this site in the past and in my opinion this is one of the most interesting sites if you want to learn a language.
In this talk the message is very clear and we could get some importants advices in order to improve not only our level of a language but to be more efficient in this process.
I have to recognize that in my case this second issue is not quite well monitored. I will have to think about it.

Many thanks for your information and enjoy your englishhhhhh!!!

1 Like

Hi Super computer, it is quite interesting to read your post. Many thanks for sharing it. Enjoy your english marathon although perhaps the word marathon is normally related to suffer and we could find some other words a more positive meaning. (I am not a marathon runner as you can imagine).
Have a nice day!!

1 Like

Glad you liked it - Chris certainly got me inspired. All the best with your English progress. Me gusta aprender español tambien - pienso, es una muy linda lengua. Hasta luego!!!

1 Like