How can you combine the following sentences?

1. Forgetting one’s native language is probable.
  2. Astronauts in a space ship could lose their muscle power.

How can you combine the above two sentence by making minimum changes and additions?

Hope this helps: :o) Forgetting one’s native language is probable, it would be like astronauts in a space ship losing their muscle power.

It is a comparison of something that can happen. :o)

Just as astronauts can lose muscle power, forgetting one’s native language is probable.

Just as astronauts could lose their muscle power, forgetting one’s native language is a possibility.

Astronauts run the risk of gradually losing muscle power, just as an individual may forget their native language over time

Honestly the 3rd one would be the best way to say it, but the top two would be better for casual conversation and match the original sentences a little closer…

Excellent! :o)

Yutaka requested “How can you combine the above two sentence by making minimum changes and additions” in this case I think the first choice would be the best. I do however like the last choice! :o) Madness 11, do you correct writing submissions? You should, you are very good at it. :o)

Thank you, Learn_With_Me and Madness11.

1. Forgetting one’s native language is probable (in some circumstances).
  2. Astronauts in a space ship could lose their muscle power.

What I wanted to explain was included in the first sentence.
The second sentence was intended to describe a similar situation.
An immigrant is not an astronaut. But I wanted to contend that similar problems occur, in order to insist that the statement implied in the first sentence is true.

Memo:
. . . as . . . as . . .
just as . . .
. . . in the way . . .
. . . ; it would be like . . .

As, as a member of LingQ, you seem to try to challenge us as often as you can, just as you have done it before this recent spell of activity, your efforts deserve a counter-challenge. I am bound, however, to fail miserably in establishing statements in the way you seem to construct them. If I were to try it, it would be like a monkey trying to parse a sentence

Edited for punctuation.

@SanneT Thank you.