Russian sitcom

Since I like practising my languages watching sitcoms I have been looking for a Russian one quite some time. I’m not that much into crime stories and action movies, so I was quite happy to have found this one on youtube:

Don’t expect anything sophisticated (no sitcom will be able to offer that, I guess), but so far I have found it quite useful and entertaining.

And, without trying to sound like a macho or sexist at all, I might add that some of the actresses are breathtakingly beautiful :slight_smile:

I just think beauty ought to be appreciated (in all its forms) when you come across it. If you can practise your languages on top of that, so much the better, I guess.

1 Like

“And, without trying to sound like a macho or sexist at all, I might add that some of the actresses are breathtakingly beautiful”

I don´t think anyone has to “apologize” for finding someone attractive :slight_smile:

1 Like

ad Paule89: You are absolutely right. It is just that sometimes men are immediately “accused” of being superficial or sexist when they refer to the beauty of women (even men like me lol).

Ah this video comes with captions. I wonder if there is a way to download them.

Your are right about the actresses Robert. I often feel sorry for gay men and straight women. They have clearly gotten a raw deal.

a raw deal isn’t always such a bad thing )

1 Like

Советую вот этот ситком на русском: Первый сезон | VK

I have watched a couple of episodes of this chef show Robert shared. I had the subtitles on the entire time. There seems to be little correspondence between the text and the audio. Sometimes even English words appear which I don’t hear in the audio. I even saw “c google” appear. Does anybody know how the subtitles are generated? Is there some Google hosted automatic speech-to-text software doing it?

Is there some Google hosted automatic speech-to-text software doing it?

In the case of automatic subtitles - yes, naturally.

Thanks for tip! Watched two episodes last night and plan to watch more.

Ah, I didn’t know that this is what happens. I will stop looking at the automatic subtitles. They are terrible.

ad eugrus: (…) Советую вот этот ситком на русском 。。。(…9

Спасибо. У меня есть этот сериал на DVD.

ad Colin: (… ) … I often feel sorry for gay men and straight women. …(…)

I don’t know about straight women, but gay men do get their fair share of beauty to marvel at :slight_smile:

@Robert

У меня есть сериал на my breakfast table! :-))

(I guess that’s a bottom drawer pun - but I couldn’t resist!)

ad Jay: lol

It took me a couple of seconds to get the pun :wink: First I thought, why would he want to watch that thing on this table lol

I know it annoys plenty of people, but this is the one I watch:
http://moiserialy.net/voroniny-smotret-onlajn/1-sezon/1-seriya#.UzirV1yVdvA
I make my own subtitles, and have a tutor check my work. You can get checked free at Lang-8, or hire a cheap tutor (starting as low as $4/hr) at italki.

lovelanguagesIII & eugrus - thanks for the links.

Here’s another good one - светофор
http://molodejj.tv/serial/svetofor/svetofor_1sezon
Better link for кухня:
http://www.serialkuhnya.tv/serial-kuhnya-1-sezon.html

FYI - I have been made aware that there is a project to create Russian scripts for кухня.

Ok, I’ve been watching Кухня since there is a Russian transcript available. Now I see Интерны is getting some too, so I guess I’ll have to watch that one next, although I don’t really like hospitals. One I’ve been watching without a transcript because it’s sexy and easy to understand: Универ

1 Like