Only the first entry in a thread is showing

Today when I open up a thread, either from the side-bar or from a link from another thread, I can only access the first entry in the thread. I am using Firefox on a Mac computer.
This is not a problem using Chrome.

Hi! You’ll need to clear your browser’s cache. Here’s how you can do this: How to clear the Firefox cache | Firefox Help

Let us know if this fixes it!

Nope…

If Ginkgo58 can only see the first post, she can’t see your answer. But maybe you also answered her on her wall.

2 Likes

I also had the same problem and I though it was a problem of LingQ until I tested on the vanilla browser. Afterwards, I noticed I have to disable my Privacy Badger to read the forum. It’s really a nice job. :frowning:

I have emptied the cache and re-started Firefox but still I have only the first entry. I can still read all the entries in Chrome.

I cannot post a comment in Firefox either.

Thanks for the additional information, and sorry to hear you’re still having trouble with this. Would you let us know whether you have any extensions enabled in Firefox? If so, try disabling them all and seeing if this helps. If it is one of the extensions, let us know which one so we can take a closer look into this. If it isn’t related to the extensions, please open up the Error Console and let us know if any errors are showing: Using The Browser Error Console - Garden Gnome

I had the same issue but didn’t bother to report. For some reasons the issue went away at some point. In my opinion the whole revamp of the forum has been a disaster. That is what happens if one fixes something that isn’t broken. Many of the long time posters seem to have lost their interest to post, including myself.

1 Like

I have not lost interest in posting, but I have lost interest in long discussions. It’s just too much effort now to follow them. For short discussions, I think the new forum is pretty good.

1 Like

It works now that I have been able to clear the add-ons and have re-installed Perapera Chinese without it causing any problems. I’ll let you know if I have further problems.

Exactly. If we want people to read new interesting posts, I think we should only post them as direct replies to the initial post.

And now Chrome is not showing entries! I cannot add a post on Chrome either and I have done the disabling of add-ons and restart thing.

Very sorry to hear that Chrome is now giving you trouble with this! Would you be able to open the error console and send us the text in an email that appears on the “Console” tab? Here again are instructions on how to access the error console: Using The Browser Error Console - Garden Gnome

I found that the “s7.addthis.com” stops the loading of the following threads on LIngQ.

Thanks, we’ll see if we can get this figured out.