I can't create LingQ's

I’m not sure if it’s just me or my computer breaking down but I can’t actually create LingQ’s. When I go to create one via clicking enter it doesn’t go yellow, has the update changed it to a different button or is this just happened to me? I tried different courses to check if it wasn’t a bug on one course but it won’t allow me to create LingQ’s on any of them. Please help if I’m doing something wrong or an update has changed it. Thanks!

@Vaan - Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this! Would you be able to explain in a bit more detail what is happening? You mention you’re pressing the Enter key - are you able to save LingQs by actually clicking on a hint or on the “Search dictionary” button?

@Iri - In your case it appears you’ve hit the LingQ limit for Free accounts. The limit is currently a hard limit and is set at 20, so deleting LingQs won’t reset this limit.

@Iri - That’s right - once the limit is hit then it is triggered. Sounds good. If you have any questions in the meantime you know where to reach us :slight_smile:

Ah, sorry if I describe it poorly.

When clicking on a course to learn new words, it will translate the word I clicked on, but if I click a different word, it will remain translating the first word. (e.g. I clicked ‘oeste’ which translates to ‘west’ and it tell me that, but when I click another word to translate it freezes on the right side of my screen, it still says ‘west’

Also when trying to turn a new word into a LingQ by clicking enter. For some reason it remains blue, I can do this countless times but nothing changes, I can’t translate the word either as it remains froze on the opposite side so I’m kind of in a bit of a pickle.

I’ve tried different courses and refreshing but it still doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

If you could help, or give me tips I’d be very grateful, thanks.

@Alex Nope, when I click Search Dictionary nothing happens, I think it’s because it’s completely froze. It will click, but doesn’t do anything, same with the rest of the buttons. I’m not sure what to do, the only words I can learn re those from my already made LingQ’s, but I don’t have a lot left to learn.

This is happening to me too, sort of. If the first thing I do is click Search Dictionary after landing on a blue word, I am awarded a coin and the word in question becomes an empty LingQ. The dictionary doesn’t open. If I click Search Dictionary again at that point, I get another coin.

1 Like

Same weird stuff for me too: if I click on a blue word, then search dictionary, I don’t get the dictionary, but the word turns yellow (without a coin). [I think we get a coin about every 7 lingQs or something anyhow]. I get around it by clicking on a different word, then clicking back onto the word in question. It comes up as an empty LingQ (“Enter a hint”), but at least then I can access the dictionary resources, or type in my own hint before hitting Enter to save.

1 Like

I have the same problem too.
Oh, my 90 days challenge, good bye!

Julz611 is right. I’m only ‘earning’ part of a coin each time that I click on Search Dictionary. However, I can just keep clicking on it and earn as many as I like, or so it seems.

same problem :stuck_out_tongue: today I wasn’t able lingqing :open_mouth:

@Radko SK
For some reason, this day you need to click first on what is proposed by Google Transate even if it’s not correct, then you can get the dictionaries!

@Vaan - Hmm, that’s quite strange. Would you let us know which browser you are using? Do you experience the same issue in other browsers as well?

@all - We’re fixing the current issue with the “Search dictionary” button now and will have it working very shortly!

@Alex, my apologies for wasting time, I have just tried on Google Chrome and found it works. I’m not too sure why it wasn’t working on the internet but I probably downloaded something and it glitched up. Thank you for helping me and sorry for any inconvenience.