It looks like you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Sorry, we only support IE 10 and above. To use the site you will need to use a more up to date browser. We strongly recommend you upgrade to:

Go to page: « 1 2 3 4 5

Yes, I am using Firefox 26.0. Forgot to mention that detail. Thanks for looking into it.

@Mark & Alex: Thank you for taking the time to reply in detail.

@ all LingQ members and Staff: Merry Christmas!

@cgreen - The issue with user hints in FF is now fixed.

@mark - I just noticed that a little bit ago. I wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround with the holidays and all. Thanks and happy holidays!

@alex
Here it is: http://www.screencast.com/users/eugrus/folders/...

@mark - finally saw "content created" for the first time today when I imported a lesson. Thanks.

Regarding the pokemon (see ColinJohnstone's post on page 1 of this thread) - now it is not only taking up my valuable reading space, but it's causing some issues. First, when I scroll, I usually read a whole page and click in the bottom of the scroll bar, which makes it advance a whole page in one click. If I try to do this now, it advances too much, since the last couple lines are covered by the pokemon. So I'm limited to rolling scrolling. Second, the pokemon didn't stay on the bottom of a lesson I used recently. It moved up with the text on the last page as I scrolled down, so there were a couple of lines I wasn't able to read.

Regarding "my lessons" - the right hand side is now a big blank space; the lessons used to be listed here. Now the lessons start below all the stuff on the left hand side, so I have to scroll down to see them.

Regarding the "right hand page" in the work desk - the last update I complained about having to super-size the window in order to get to the button to minimize it, and you guys fixed it. Now it needs to be super sized again.

fyi - I'm running Safari

On 20 December, I wrote:

"Another little bug: when I click on the pencil next to a hint or Google Translate in order to create the last LingQ of a lesson, the LingQ-creating window doesn't appear. Instead, the lesson information window ("i") is immediately displayed. So, I need to click again on the new LingQ to edit it. Quite bothering... I hope you can easily fix this."

This error is still occurring to me, even if I create the last hint by clicking on "Search Dictionary". I hope it can be fixed soon, because it's quite annoying.

@alex and @mark

Two features I'd like to have in Lingq:
1. When you create a lingq, it would be great to be able to drag and drop a dictionary definition or translation into the Hint text field; it is very time consuming and quite boring to have to write it or copy and paste it. I use Firefox and it usually allows dragging text into form/search fields, but in this particular situation it is not possible.

2. Can you include the name of the Provider in the list of courses that you get when you choose a language in the drop-down menu?, for example, if I choose German: http://www.lingq.com/learn/de/welcome/
As it is now, you have to open the course, open one lesson, and click on i to get that information.
The same happens if you click on New Course, there's no reference to the Provider.
I know I can go to the Library and then use a filter, but then, what is the difference between the Learn page and the Library in terms of content and purpose? But even with different purpose, I'd like to have the name of the Provider there.

@eugrus - Great, thanks for the screencast. We'll do some more testing and see if we can figure out what is causing this.

@Wulfgar - We're looking at making some additional adjustments to the reading interface which should hopefully improve this.
I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean about "my lessons". Would you be able to send over a screenshot to support (at) lingq.com so we might have a better idea of what is causing this? A screenshot would also help for the third issue you report, as I'm not sure I recall what the original issue was.

@mikebond - Thanks, we should have a fix for this soon!

On 27th December mfr wrote:
"When you create a lingq, it would be great to be able to drag and drop a dictionary definition or translation into the Hint text field; it is very time consuming and quite boring to have to write it or copy and paste it. I use Firefox and it usually allows dragging text into form/search fields, but in this particular situation it is not possible."

This is a brilliant idea and would make the dictionary easier and more enjoyable to use. Can this be done, Mark or Alex?

I also have 2 personal requests:

1. Please provide a dropdown list of recenty opened lessons on the home screen.

2. When clicking on a blue word the right hand pane shows the click boxes 'Search dictionary', 'I know this word', 'Ignore this word' underneath the user hints.Whilst advancing through the blue words these boxes can shift up and down if the number of hints changes. When clicking on the same box repeatedly it is sometimes possible to click on a user hint by mistake.
I would like these boxes placed above the user hints or target word so that they do not move about.

I found two more problems, the coins you earn by adding lingq's are disappearing constantly. When I finish a lesson having 40 coins displayed on the bar, I open the next one and there is 39 or 38 coins showing there. Yesterday I've lost 9 coins in total.

Apart from that when I open a lesson and leave it for some time, half an hour for example, and then try to play the recording, it stops after 20-45 seconds and I have to refresh the lesson.

List of recently-opened letters on the home screen.

Yes please! I only get a list of courses, not lessons I have been working on.

@dfranks & Gingko - The last 3 lessons are shown in the Tasks dropdown which is accessible from every page. Also, you can always click on the My Lessons in the Learn dropdown to see all your recently opened lessons.

@langadmirer - The counter on the page does seem to be acting strangely. Thanks for pointing that out. We'll get that fixed.

@dfranks - Regarding the placement of the buttons, we are unlikely to change this. At least not in the short term. I recommend getting used to using keyboard shortcuts for Known (k) and Ignore (x). We will be bringing back the list of shortcuts soon so that you can know which are available.

We will also look into whether dragging and dropping in Firefox can be re-enabled. This has not been possible in Chrome for a long time but was in Firefox previously.

@alex "I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean about "my lessons". Would you be able to send over a screenshot to support (at) lingq.com so we might have a better idea of what is causing this? A screenshot would also help for the third issue you report, as I'm not sure I recall what the original issue was."

"My Lessons" is in the drop-down under "Learn". I have sent you screenshots. It turns out that if I use a big window, the lessons drop below as shown in the screenshot.

Regarding the other issue, I have to make the window really big in order to access the button that reduces the RH side. Please see the screenshots.

@alex

> @eugrus - Great, thanks for the screencast. We'll do some more testing and see if we can figure out what is causing this.

I would add that bigger the text is, more lines this jump would take. It also seems like it just happens when a certain lingq is about in the middle of the text.

I cannot understand the logic when the Notifications icon gets red. Some times a day it displays digits on red backgroud. When I click the icon I can see the same list I've already seen. Sometimes I can see 1 new message but the icon may display any digit greater than 1. It looks like it lives it's own random life :)

Also, in regards to the notification popup, there's not really a good way to go to the post someone sent a rose to or responded to. I would expect to see a link "click here to go to the post" but all you get is a respond button. Most of the time I don't want to respond... but I have to click that button anyway to see the post. And even then it only shows the one post - not the whole conversation. This seems strange

> I cannot understand the logic when the Notifications icon gets red

Yeap! And I am also not sure that every time I create a portion of 25 LingQs it's worth notfying about.

Now it showed me 3, but there was only 1 really new notification about the rose. Why 3? What does that 3 mean? Are there 3 new notifications in a last day or in a week?

I have to add that I would like to open the notification in a new tab! That would be much more comfortable.

@Wulfgar - Thank you for the screenshots! I've noted both of these issues down now and we'll hopefully have these fixed soon.

@Ress, spatterson, eugrus, VeraI - Thanks for the feedback on the notifications. We'll keep these in mind as we make further improvements to the notifications menu!

A word is missing in the message we get when we click on the "Move all words to known" button: "You added 0 LingQs, 0 Known Words and earned 0 coin(s) this lesson." It was probably meant to be "FOR this lesson".

@mikebond - The English here is actually OK :)

Go to page: « 1 2 3 4 5

To comment login or sign up for a free account