日本語のディスカッションを設定しました I just have posted some conversation times for Japanese learners

もし、日本語でお話ししたい方がいらっしゃったら、スピークセクションでサインアップしてくださいね。

私は以前、日本語学校で日本語を教えていたので、文法や語彙の質問もある程度はお答えできると思います。

ただ、10年ぐらい前にやめたので、即答できない場合は、調べて回答しますね。

普通のフリートークも歓迎です!

みなさんとお話しできることを楽しみにしています。

I am a native Japanese speaker and taught Japanese at language school.

You can ask me some questions on grammar and vocabulary during the conversation. If I can’t answer them right away, since I quit teaching more than ten years ago and have forgotten how to explain things in a professional way, I’ll get back to you when I can find a better answer.

I also welcome casual conversations too!

I’m looking forward to speaking with you :slight_smile:

Hello yukikoさん。

I’ve got a question about the Japanese radicals. I’m self learning from a book called ‘Let’s Learn Kanji’, I’m unsure wether to learn or not to learn the radicals which are not inderpentant Kanji themselves. The book does not specifically say I have to and it doesn’t say I need too either.
Do I need to learn them?

ありがとう

Hello Astroさん

I have never taught Kanji using radicals in class for Japanese learners.
I don’t think it is necessary to learn them in my opinion.
But, if you find it easier to learn Kanji through radicals, go ahead :wink:

Yukikoさん

Ok, thank you!
It’s because on the Internet some sites say there’s no need then some sites say I need to. And also my book. So very confusing :slight_smile:

どうもありがとう

いいえ、どういたしまして(^^)

どうして????^^、始めまして yukikoさん!!!

どういたしまして means You are welcome :slight_smile:

I understand but why are you thanking me, \(^o^)/ that’s why I asked why ^^

I just responded to your どうもありがとう comment :slight_smile:

ああああああああ ごめん I didn’t understand ^^ (^○^)

It’s important to identify the radicals, because they carry meaning, but you don’t need to learn the individually. That would be a bit like learning the prefixes ‘un-’ ‘in-’ ‘dis-’ as separate words. Focus on learning complete kanji in context, but be sure to pay attention to how they are composed. I found that my kanji took a big step forward when I focused on writing them out - that forces you to identify each component part of the character in order to write it. It’s frustrating at first because they all seem so hard but you’ll be amazed how quickly you start to see patterns and it gets much quicker. Good luck!

BTW, a book called Remembering The Kanji has been recommended to me by many many people…

OllyRichards,

I agree with you!

I am amazed how many languages you speak. Wow!!

@yukiko :sunglasses: