Dictionary not working

The dictionary function seems to have topped working for me. I get a message saying “We can’t find the page you are looking for”. Is it just me or are others having this problem too?

Thanks,

Sorry for the trouble! We will get this fixed as soon as possible.

OK, this should be working now! Please let us know if you run into any other issues here.

Okay, it’s working again now. Thank you.

The lingvo and google dictionaries are not working for me, I get the following error:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘a.popup_dictionary.focus’)

This is on Safari on Mac OS X 10.9

Hmm, seems to be related to the popup blocker. Since both of these dictionaries are set to open in a popup (as they don’t work otherwise), Safari is blocking them, but there is no notification that they are being blocked. In the short term you can go to Safari > Preferences > Security then untick the box next to “Block pop-up windows” and it will work.

I’ll then pass this over to our development team to see if there is anything we can do to get around this…

Ah, that works. Thank you!

FYI this should now be working properly :slight_smile: If popups are blocked, we’ve added an alert that now notifies the user to adjust their popup settings.

Still seems to be blocked, but at least I get the message explaining why the popup isn’t working :slight_smile: I wonder what’s changed from before?

Sorry, that’s what I mean :slight_smile: If you block popups, the popup will be blocked. What we did was add a notice to tell you what was happening, as before nothing seemed to happen and there was no indication that anything went wrong.