Android app: adding word inserts wrong phrase

Hi!

I just updated to the latest Android app version 3.1.7. I was looking at a lesson in sentence mode. On the third sentence, I clicked a blue word and chose a definition. In the phrase field, the first sentence of the text was entered, even though that phrase didn’t contain the chosen word.

The first three sentences are
“Beijing, Kina
ELIAS HADE HAFT svårt att sova under natten. Lägenheten saknade helt luftkonditionering vilket innebar att det inte fanns något som lindrade den tunga värmen, dessutom var han jetlaggad.”

When adding luftkonditioinering, the phrase field contained “Beijing, Kiina”.

Thanks for reporting this! Would you let us know which lesson this is in? This should hopefully help to see if we can reproduce this ourselves.

Hi! This is from a private lesson using imported content. I’ll send a private message to you.

OK, I’ll wait for your message :slight_smile:

Hi Alex! I couldn’t send a pm from the mobile site.

The private lesson is here

Open in android app. Add two words with any definition. The phrase of the second word will become Beijing China. Login - LingQ

May be some weird encoding issue. Content converted from epub to plain text before import. Imported over 8 months ago.

Thanks, I’ll look into this and get back to you tomorrow…

This happens in Russian too with standard library content. Does anyone else have this problem?

Ah, I apologize for the delay on this one. We were rushing to get out our latest version before the holiday break so I don’t think I managed to look into this one properly. I’m away at the moment but will check early next week to confirm the issue and will follow up with you if we need any additional information.

No worries, thanks for the update! Using web version for lingqing in the meantime. Mobile works for reviews and reading. Happy new year!

Just a heads up on this one - I’m testing the latest version of the app which will likely be released in the next week or so, and I can’t seem to reproduce this issue. Once the newest version is up, please let us know if you’re still having this issue when saving LingQs!

Thanks Alex. I’ll check it out when it gets updated.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version on Android today and the problem still seems to occur when using sentence view. Full lesson view looks ok. I was using standard library content in Russian language.

Good to see continued updates!

Ah, wonderful. It does seem to be specific to the Sentence view :slight_smile: I’ve noted this issue down and we’ll get this one fixed in the next major release!

OK, we’ve pushed a new version which should include another fix for this issue. Please let us know if you’re still experiencing this in Russian or Swedish!