Problems with the program

Hi,

Since a while I have problems with marking unknown words (sometimes it skips suddenly to another word) and making spaces when I subscribe an unknown word. In earlier times I never had any problem. I work with a Mac. Are there persons who have the same problems and/or are there any suggestions to resolve it?

Thanks!
Bart

It’s getting even worse: I can’t click on words in a text anymore. The program only asks me to ‘take action’ before leaving the word, but I can’t do anything.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this! Regarding the skipping, I’m not sure what would be causing this. If you can record a screencast and send it to us, this should help in better understanding what is leading to this behavior. You can use a program like Jing (Screen Capture Software | Snagit | TechSmith) to record screencasts.

Regarding the popup that appears, this is to encourage you to take an action with a new word rather than leaving it blue. After this popup appears a few times you will have the option to disable the popup.

Thanks for your answer. I didn’t knew I had to click “ignore and come back later” (because most of the times I don’t want to come back later), so it seems to be fine! :slight_smile:

Hi, is there anybody who speaks German? I didn’t understand the programm well. I have no idea how I get roses and what I should do with them. Where can I practise my prononciation and what should I do with the lingQ and what means points in my profile? I’m lost. Can you help me?

Hallo Schnueti, es gibt viele Mitglieder, die Deutsch als Muttersprache sprechen. Die Website ist kompliziert und können verwirrend fĂŒr AnfĂ€nger sein. Als ich LingQ zum ersten Mal benutzt habe, hatte ich keine Ahnung, wie ich lernen sollte, aber nach ein paar Wochen, wird die Software einfacher fĂŒr mich.

Rosen sind nicht wichtig fĂŒr AnfĂ€nger. Ich benutze sie nicht. Ich weiß auch nicht, was ‘points’ sind.

1 Like

You can find an explanation about points here:
Login - LingQ
and you have 2 sections to help you get started:
Login - LingQ
Help

herzlichen Dank :slight_smile:

thanks a lot

Now I know to click the ‘take action’ away, but still I’ve some troubles with marking words and put a translation on the right side. Sometimes there’s no problem, sometimes the program just doing difficult (skips to another word or leave the marked word unmarked). But I read that some other users are also a bit in trouble with the program at the moment. I just wait to things get fixed.

Hmm, when you say that it skips to another word, does this happen when you click on something specifically? There were some reports of issues with the site yesterday, though hopefully those are fixed now as we pushed a quick update to resolve the Google Translate issue.

Are you still having trouble with the Lesson Page today?

I am glad to see that someone has reported this problem. For a week now I have had so much problem with this pop-up take action message. Even though I was not skipping words, this pop up message would appear all the time and interfere. In fact, sometimes I cannot add a definition/translation to some words, because this pop up appear all the time. It is a nuissance, if I may be honest.

Sorry for the trouble! There is actually an option on this popup to not show it anymore. The next time the popup appears you can click this link and the popup will be permanently hidden. It is intended as a reminder for learners on how to use LingQ, as we notice there are some people who don’t actually recognize the importance of saving words or marking them as known. However, we don’t want it to be a nuisance so you can just click this link to get rid of it :slight_smile:

Hallo Jacky, es gibt viele Mitglieder aus deutschsprachigen LĂ€ndern und noch viel mehr, die hier Deutsch lernen. Hast Du schon die Hilfe oben rechts auf der Seite entdeckt? Dort findest Du vieles auf Deutsch erklĂ€rt. Außerdem gibt es ein deutschsprachiges Forum, in dem Du Deine Fragen auf Deutsch stellen kannst. Du wirst sehr schnell viele Antworten erhalten.

Die Rosen kannst Du anderen Mitgliedern geben, z.B. fĂŒr einen Beitrag im Forum den Du magst, fĂŒr Lektionen, die Du magst oder einfach indem Du auf das Profil eines anderen Mitglieds gehst und im eine Rose schenkst. Es ist eine einfache Art “Danke” zu sagen.

Die Aussprache verbessert man am besten, indem man die Texte, die man hört, wiederholt und mitspricht (Shadowing). Auf der Seite “Austausch” (Englisch: Exchange) kannst Du außerdem Audiodateien hochladen, damit andere Mitglieder Deine Aussprache beurteilen können.

Die "LingQ"s sind nichts anderes als Vokablen, die Du in Deinen Karteikasten ablegst. Hast Du schon mal auf den kleinen Pfeil rechts neben “Lernen” (oben auf der Webseite) geklickt? Dort findest Du alle erstellten LingQs und lese Dir dann die Hilfe auf dieser Seite durch.

Bei LingQ werden zwei Sorten Punkte unterschieden: Auf Deinem Profil findest Du die AktivitĂ€tspunkte, die anzeigen, wie aktiv Du in den letzten 30 Tagen auf der Webseite warst. Hierzu kannst Du ebenfalls mehr in der Hilfe nachlesen. Dann gibt es noch die Punkte, mit denen man bei LingQ “bezahlt”, also sozusagen die WĂ€hrung von LingQ. Die findest Du rechts oben auf der Webseite, wenn Du auf den Pfeil neben Deinem Namen klickst. Auf der Hilfeseite zu Login - LingQ findest Du weitere Informationen.

Viel Erfolg beim Sprachen lernen :slight_smile:

I’d like to talk with someone in English? Skype dmitrij_bryskin

Thank you so much for this reply. I must admit I did not notice that link as it was grey and I thought it was innactive. It works now.