New bugs in LingQ?

Hi. I use the Firefox web browser. Since yesterday I have several problems with long lessons. I beleive that something is changed… if not, these problems could be caused by my Internet connection, which seems to be quite slow in the last few days.

I’ll try to describe the problem:

1. I click on a word;
  2. I click on I know the pen (so that the word becomes yellow);
  3. I click on the next word too quickly;
  4. I click on I know this words;
  5. repeat the process at least one time

As a result, sometimes the words I wanted to become yellow will be marked as known, and vice versa. It can also happen that some words remain blue. So I have to use the system slowly, or it is unreliable.

Could you check please?

Thanks in advance,
Federico

Sorry, if you have tried this and it hasn’t made any difference: have you used F5 or Control F5 a couple of times. It often helps.

We (in Germany) can now buy a book about “F5”: http://www.luebbe.de/Buecher/Sachbuch/Details/Id/978-3-404-60793-8
“Wenn nichts mehr hilft, F5 drücken” (If all else fails, press F5) - At LingQ, this seems to be the most important key…

But this bug can’t be corrected by F5: before if someone asked about the word from the lesson, we were able to see from what lesson it was. But now we can’t understand from what lesson this word (if the learner doesn’t write it additionally), we don’t know the context and we can’t answer the questions of the leaners.

1 Like

I agree with you, evgueny40. Without context, giving a useful answer can be hit or miss. I am not sure if there is a word limit to each forum post but copying and pasting the content, from whatever source into the text box where the specific question about the meaning of a word or phrase, would really be helpful.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this. It might be an issue related to your internet connection or how quickly you are using the site. Instead of clicking “I know this word” for every single word, what you can try is leaving the words you know highlighted in blue and just saving the words you don’t know. Then you can click the “Move all remaining blue words to known” button at the bottom.

If you’re still having trouble with this then it would be helpful if you would take a screencast and send it over to us so that we can have a better idea how you’re using the site. You can use a program like Jing (Screen Capture Software | Snagit | TechSmith) to do this.

Lastly, instead of clicking with your mouse, you may want to try using the keyboard shortcuts to quickly move through words.

This one is on our list and should be fixed in the next couple of weeks. Some of our team are still off enjoying their summer vacations :slight_smile:

Are you running into any specific issues on the site?