Tag system and images in lessons

Every time I create a new lesson for the Portuguese library and import it, I have to spend a lot of time deleting tags that just don’t fit that particular lesson. I guess the system gets all the tags that were used in all the course, but this is not practical. I’d prefer the tags field to be blank, and then I’d quickly add 2 or 3 tags. Another option would be the possibility to select just those that I want, by checking from a list, or to deselect them all.

You have recently changed the format (from square to oval) and size ( from 120x120 to 200x200 pixels) of the images in the courses and lessons, and now all my images in lessons I created some time ago lost quality, are pixelated or cut where they are not supposed to be - is there anything I can do besides uploading dozens of new images?

Would you send me a link to one of the courses that you’re trying to edit so I can get a better idea of the tagging issue?

Also, thanks for the heads up on the images. We’ll take a closer look at this and see what we can do to improve this!

As soon as I select the course to which the lesson belongs, I have all the tags created:
http://screencast.com/t/p9aXtwCx

This is weird, what I have written just now also appears under your name.
http://screencast.com/t/2MJPJ44llt

Yes, there’s a bit of an issue with the forum editing but we’ll get this fixed!

If you can email me a link directly to the course that would be helpful :slight_smile:

I have just created this one: Login - LingQ

Thanks! I see what’s happening. Because you added all these tags to the course, they’re automatically added to the lesson. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t adding tags from every lesson to all the new lessons.

This is currently the default behaviour, and the reason behind it is that if you add three or four tags to a course, you don’t necessarily want to have to manually add these three or four tags to each lesson in that course as well. I see, though, how in your case where you have so many tags this would cause some trouble. I don’t know that we’ll be making any immediate updates to this, so in the meantime I might recommend just holding the delete key to delete all these tags when adding a new lesson.

Hi Alex: That is not completely exact. I didn’t add the tags to the course. I’m adding tags to each lesson, and what I have observed is that they are automatically added to the course, and the next time I create a new lesson, they all appear there.
Anyway, thanks for teaching me how to delete them faster.

Ah, good to know. I wasn’t aware that it was doing this. I’ll pass this along and we’ll see if we can do anything here to improve this.

Thanks, Alex!