PayPal doesn't work?

Hello lingQ people I have a problem. When I try to upgrade my account to premium (with a first month free gift code) and I pick paypal because I don’t have any credit card. When I log into the paypal account and try to get trough the transaction it’ll quickly tell me that right now it can’t process my order right now and sends me back to lingQ. Been trying out all the optins it gave me but always the same result. What do I do?

Hallo, ich klinke mich mal ein und antworte auf Deutsch, da ich gesehen habe, dass Deutsch Deine Muttersprache ist.

Das ist ein Problem von Paypal und LingQ kann da leider wenig machen. Ein wenig darüber kannst Du hier nachlesen: http://schubkraftplus.com/blog/wiederkehrende-zahlungen-mit-paypal-fur-mitgliederbereiche-und-abo-systeme

Dort steht folgendes:
“Damit Du wiederkehrende Zahlungen über PayPal beziehen kannst, muss Dein Kunde eine Kreditkarte in seinem PayPal-Konto hinterlegt haben.
Mein Erfahrung ist, dass die Meisten nur ihr normales Bankkonto hinterlegt haben, von dem PayPal dann per Bankeinzug abbucht.
Mit dieser Konstellation sind keine wiederkehrenden Zahlungen für Deinen Mitgliederbereich oder Abo-System möglich!”

Wenn Du also bei Paypal auch keine Kreditkarte angegeben hast, kannst Du das Abo-Modell nicht wählen.

Ich habe das so gelöst, dass ich für LingQ die 6-monatige Mitgliedschaft abgeschlossen habe, denn dann ist das eine einmalige Zahlung und die geht ohne Probleme mit Paypal.

Ich habe ja im grunde kein Problem damit 6 Monate zu kaufen da es ja auch recht Preißwert ist. Jedoch kaufe ich ungern ein Produkt welches ich nichteinmal ausprobieren konnte. Mein Plan war es den kostenlosen ersten Monat auszunutzen um zu sehen ob LingQ etwas für mich ist oder nicht. Aber soviel Geld zu zahlen ohne zu wissen ob es überhaupt zu mir passt, da lehne ich lieber ab.

Kannst Du den ersten Monat nicht nutzen, ohne Paypal anzugeben? Das wusste ich nicht. Das ist ja wirklich blöd.

@Mark/Alex:
Isn’t it possible to try the free Premium month without adding a payment method? The problem is that Ryodakun can’t test it, and he didn’t want to buy a 6-month membership without having it tested for a month. That makes much sense for me :wink:

@Ryodakun - Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this! PayPal has different restrictions/requirements in each country, so this is likely due to how PayPal operates in Germany.

That being said, you can upgrade to a 6-month non-recurring membership from the following page: Login - LingQ.

If you’re not satisfied then contact us within the first 30 days and we’ll be happy to provide you with a full refund. Of course, if you like it then you can stay on :slight_smile:

I managed to use a credit card for the free month now and I will do the 6 month package if I like LingQ.

@Ryodakun - Glad to hear you got this sorted out! If you run into any other issues with payment feel free to send an email to support (at) lingq.com and we’ll be happy to help!