New app - offline

What lessons are actually available offline? The instructions say ‘you have to have opened the lesson online first’; my experience to date is that only the most recently opened lesson is available offline, and even that disappears quickly. Can we please have some detailed instructions on how to download onto the phone a number of lessons that then stay available for a period of time. Many thanks

@protorich - Let us take a closer look into this. We are making some updates to the cache limit that should allow more lessons to be cached, but I’m not exactly sure what the parameters are for lessons being available offline. Ideally lessons should show up in the offline mode until the cache is full and they are deleted to make place for new lessons, though I don’t know that this is the case right now.

@ alex

This has never worked for me in the old or the new versions of the app. The only thing that has ever been available offline in any consistent way is the audio for lessons that have been added to playlists.

@ColinJohnstone - Hmm, I think this is your first mention of issues with offline mode in the new app.

I’m spending time testing the app to try and reproduce some of the additional issues, though they’re a bit tricky to figure out. If you notice any patterns with this please let me know.

By the way, here’s another thread where CTaylor was reporting problems accessing lessons: New App -- Doesn't Work In Offline Mode - Language Forum ...

Any additional information on the steps to take to cause the lessons to not show would be most helpful!