Editing other people's material

It would be nice to get back the function of editing - the lessons where I wanted to correct a few little things didn’t let themselves be saved. Apparently I had to complete some field or other (which I couldn’t find).

If this is an issue related to the recent malicious spamming episodes, please take your time to fix it. It would be very useful, though, to be able to have all my pencils back. (And I know it’s Easter, so there really is no pressure . . .)

Thank you.

1 Like

@SanneT - We’re still doing some work on the import lesson page, but I’m not sure whether we’re aware of this specific issue. Would you let us know what error message is showing when you try to make corrections in shared lessons?

This is the only lesson I can remember Login - LingQ (but there were others, one of them in the French library).

In the lesson there are three occurrences of a wrong “its”. When I just corrected one of them to see whether I could save my work, the following message came up:

Please correct the following error: • Field “collection”: Select a valid choice. 20014 is not one of the available choices.

Edited link because it now leads directly to the Edit Lesson page.

@SanneT - Thanks, that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Alex
I also tried to edit at least 2 lessons where typos were detected but got a similar message:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1028855/lingq/edit_lesson_error.png
I suppose collection refers to course, but the problem is that in the dropdown I can only find the courses that I created.
These are the lessons I tried to edit:

It would be nice if someone could correct them.

Fernanda

Today I tried to correct “cache de Faraday” to “cage de Faraday” in this French lesson, still in vain.

The error message was :

Please correct the following error:
• Field “collection”: Select a valid choice. 25977 is not one of the available choices.

Edited link because it now leads directly to the Edit Lesson page.

Wow, how did they end up talking about Faraday cages in a discussion on the media?

@mfr, @SanneT - thanks for reporting this issue. We are looking into it now.

@all - This should now be working properly!

Yes, Alex! Everything is fine now! Thanks!

Hi,

I would like to contribute by adding Russian translations to Finnish dialogues (currently there are only English ones in the Beginner course, which can be troublesome for those who are not fluent English speakers). What should I do to be able to add translations to the lessons?

1 Like

There are at least two ways:

1. Offer your translations to the provider who will then edit his/her own lesson or
  2. Ask LingQ Support for a pencil for Finnish, in which case you an then add the translations yourself. (The icon for editorship is a pencil. Some of us are geeks and collect pencils.)

@ Alex : Thank you, corrections done and links edited (because they led directly to the editing page).

@obordal - thanks for your interest in contribution! Although we don’t recommend to rely on full text translations and, instead, encourage our members to learn texts by saving new words, your translations would probably be helpful for Russian beginners in Finnish.

We have just given you an “editor access” to Finnish lessons. You should be able to add your translations now. Thank you for your contribution! :slight_smile:

@galina - Thanks a lot! Now I’ll try adding the translations.