Deleting a content

Hi,

If I delete a content from my library, are the created LingQ from the content also going to be deleted from the system?

Thank you.

No. They are not connected as far as I know. It wouldn’t make sense. If you open a lesson, all your LingQs are checked don’t matter if you have created them from this lesson or other lessons.

Thank you for your response, Veral!

I thought it would be nice that the words from the contents I am no longer interested in to be automatically deleted, but it would be a good idea to keep those words in the system in case they appear the contents I get interested in rather than deleting them manually ( That would be a hassle!).

Why do you want to delete them? The huge advantage of LingQ is that you immediately see which words you have studied yet or met before, and which words are really new.

Well, I tend to get dismotivated to learn words from the contents that I have lost interest. I feel overwhelmed by a number of words that I saved too. That’s why I sometimes want to delete words.

But, you are right. I’ll have to take advantage of the unique LingQ system that tells me which words are new or known to me :slight_smile:

I can see that those words would bother you if you keep running into them on your flashcards.

I don’t do flashcards so I’m not bothered by such words. I do find it interesting, though, to see words that I thought were specific to one context showing up in another.

Hello Jingle,

I do find it interesting, though, to see words that I thought were specific to one context showing up in another.

I agree :slight_smile:

Wow, I am impressed with you German studies. The words of reading and created LingQs in your statistics are amazing!

Thanks, yukiko.

edit> I wish my written German were like your English!