Providing translations on imported documents

I’m sorry if this question has been addressed before but I just can’t seem to figure it out. Is there any way to upload translations for imported documents? I noticed that there is a field that allows you to put one, but every time I try to do so it never seems to show up when I go to the document to make linqs. I must not be doing it right.

@huntsman0603 - Would you be able to link me to the lesson where you are trying to add the translation? You can just paste the URL in an email and send it to me. This should be the easiest way to check if the translation is in the right place or not.

Well the lesson isn’t public, it’s something that I just uploaded like an hour ago.

@huntsman0603 - I know :slight_smile: Private lessons can still be shared privately, but do not display publicly in the Library for all users. If you email me a link to the lesson (or preferably the Edit page for that lesson) I will be able to go in and take a closer look.

Oh ok I’ll send it to you then. Sorry for the confusion. :slight_smile:

@huntsman0603 - OK, so here’s the deal. You’ve entered the translation in French. However, our system will only display the French translation if one of your language settings (on the Settings page) is set to French. Otherwise the system intentionally hides this translation. Since it is a private lesson, what I might recommend is actually just adding the translation as an English translation, as this way you will be able to see it without adjusting your language settings and affecting other aspects of the site.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this!

Thanks! I’ll just add the translation as an English one. That sounds easier. I appreciate the help :slight_smile: